ADVERTISEMENT

Inconsequential now, but:

Did anyone else think a Utah player threw a punch at one of our guys on the ground?

And that Utah was offsides on the same play there was a ticky-tack offensive pi call?

Haven't re-watched the game yet; just wondering if I was seeing things.

Utah players were very aggressive and often chippy (though mostly in the first half before the Cats started to hit harder).

The refs were awful on many occasions.

Did anyone else think a Utah player threw a punch at one of our guys on the ground?

And that Utah was offsides on the same play there was a ticky-tack offensive pi call?

Yes on both.

Reactions: DaCat
Utah players were dirty all game. Saw the punch very clearly in the first.

Offensive PI call against McGowan was criminal.

Sucks to suck and Utah, like Kentucky last year, sucks.

Last edited:

I'm not sure, but I think thewildcat2011 was seeing those things too.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
On another play, well after the play was over, a Utah lineman purposely shoved Thorson from behind. You could see the surprised WTF look on Thorson's face, then Thorson just laughed.

I actually thought Thorson went long to McGowan because he thought it was a free play with the offsides. No call.

I actually thought Thorson went long to McGowan because he thought it was a free play with the offsides. No call.
Their one DE seemed to be offsides on about 5 plays. I think they only called 2 of them. Tough to tell from the stands but I thought there should have been at least one more flag for that (on that play), probably more.

Their one DE seemed to be offsides on about 5 plays. I think they only called 2 of them. Tough to tell from the stands but I thought there should have been at least one more flag for that (on that play), probably more.

There was also the play where Slater was flagged for a false start. I thought he was reacting more to the DE jumping early (as they were doing a lot in the game) more so then false starting.

Ooh I was off the couch screaming mother#$&(ers after that call, especially after seeing the replay. But we keep our heads down and carry on

There was also the play where Slater was flagged for a false start. I thought he was reacting more to the DE jumping early (as they were doing a lot in the game) more so then false starting.
Yeah no question. It seemed that way live, and then when we saw the replay on TV it confirmed it so we might have sent a few boos down toward the field. Though we sent more after that ridiculous OPI call...

And Pitt a couple years prior?
Pitt definitely sucked.

The one consistent thing, and truly why I think all those teams suck, is the disrespect from their fan base for weeks prior to the game...only to have to find out how much their team sucks. Granted, at least the Utah fans did not come and post their ridiculousness here, but the diatribe on their supposed superiority on their boards was possibly one of the worst offenders I’ve ever seen.

Pitt definitely sucked.

The one consistent thing, and truly why I think all those teams suck, is the disrespect from their fan base for weeks prior to the game...only to have to find out how much their team sucks. Granted, at least the Utah fans did not come and post their ridiculousness here, but the diatribe on their supposed superiority on their boards was possibly one of the worst offenders I’ve ever seen.
I didn’t think the Pitt or Utah fans were bad at all. I expect them to be confident and support their team. Now Tennessee, I will forever root against them no matter who they play. Worst ever.

I didn’t think the Pitt or Utah fans were bad at all. I expect them to be confident and support their team. Now Tennessee, I will forever root against them no matter who they play. Worst ever.
There’s no doubt that Tennessee would have been the sweetest of them all.

It’s possible that we read different boards/media, but Pitt fans threw around the “we’ve been disrespected” card a lot when getting paired with us. Also throw in a large dose of superior athletes.

No issue being confident...hell, everyone in ourthrewd predicted an NU win, but when you start posting screeds about how your worst case scenario is a close win against us, and then lose by two scores, I’m gonna enjoy it.

Yep. Agreed. Utah fans were quite nice. I’m not so worried about what one random person posted on a message board. I’d like to play against Utah again. Them and Pitt and even Kentucky were all good fan bases. Tennessee the most recent time was bad. And USC years ago was the worst. Nice to meet all the Utes fans, I will cheer for them in the future.

The Slater call should have been defensive offsides as he was past the neutral zone and unabated to the QB. Don’t recall if that killed the drive but I’m pretty sure it did.

The offensive PI was ticky tack. Also appeared that both their DEs were offside on that play if I remember (haven’t rewatched). If that impacted the game in the end I would’ve been furious.

Overall the refs were not impressive. Or maybe it was the clock operator, to be fair. Several times where they were just standing over the ball for 30+ seconds. Near the end of the game basically gave Utah free time outs or free clock stoppage.

It’s possible that we read different boards/media, but Pitt fans threw around the “we’ve been disrespected” card a lot when getting paired with us. Also throw in a large dose of superior athletes.

No issue being confident...hell, everyone in ourthrewd predicted an NU win, but when you start posting screeds about how your worst case scenario is a close win against us, and then lose by two scores, I’m gonna enjoy it.
For those of you who want more evidence of denial, go to their SB board. 'we handed it to them'.
Whatever

For what it’s worth, the Auburn fans who came here...a decade ago (yikes)...were great.

They’re my (yikes) most preferred (least disliked) SEC team.

For those of you who want more evidence of denial, go to their SB board. 'we handed it to them'.
Whatever
if they stay on their board, fine, rip away. Could care less. What I have a problem with is the trolls that feel it is necessary to infiltrate the NU board with insults or back handed compliments. Stay on your own F***ing board.

Reactions: WildcatWillie
I think the fact of the matter is that we kicked some tush vs some really good opponents in our three bowl wins over the past three years. Pitt beat Clemson (nat.champs) that year. Kentucky and Utah are really good SEC/Pac12 teams. And just for the record, four years ago when we beat Stanford in our opener did some wonders for my mental health even though we lost to Tenn in that year's bowl game. I would rather beat Stanford and lose a bowl game to another really good team. Tenn isn't even in NU's hemisphere academically, and Stanford likes to steal our recruits.

I think the fact of the matter is that we kicked some tush vs some really good opponents in our three bowl wins over the past three years. Pitt beat Clemson (nat.champs) that year. Kentucky and Utah are really good SEC/Pac12 teams. And just for the record, four years ago when we beat Stanford in our opener did some wonders for my mental health even though we lost to Tenn in that year's bowl game. I would rather beat Stanford and lose a bowl game to another really good team. Tenn isn't even in NU's hemisphere academically, and Stanford likes to steal our recruits.
I know we had those debacles at the start of the season, but I believe we are better than Stanford this year. Roll them next year to open the season and it will be another memorable year.

Reactions: mickbula
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT