ADVERTISEMENT

insult to injury

Secho99

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2001
Not only did we lose tonight, but Sportscenter devoted a short segment to give props to Rapolas Ivanauskas, who had 33 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists in a win tonight. It was the first 30-10-5 game for a Colgate player in decades I guess. They even made a point to mention that he transferred from NU. That kinda night for us.

(I'm not in any way making a statement about whether or not he should still be with us, just thought the timing was funny.)

Not only did we lose tonight, but Sportscenter devoted a short segment to give props to Rapolas Ivanauskas, who had 33 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists in a win tonight. It was the first 30-10-5 game for a Colgate player in decades I guess. They even made a point to mention that he transferred from NU. That kinda night for us.

(I'm not in any way making a statement about whether or not he should still be with us, just thought the timing was funny.)

Way to go, Rapo!

7th in scoring, 2nd in boards, 8th in PER.

Good for him.

That performance in the Patriot League doesn’t translate to the B1G, but no doubt he could’ve provided minutes.

Sports Reference is listing him at 6-10. Benson got one minutes in his 86th career game last night, and the projected 2020 starter at C is anybody’s guess. (Though it’s probably Benson, who got one minute last night.)

7th in scoring, 2nd in boards, 8th in PER.

Good for him.

That performance in the Patriot League doesn’t translate to the B1G, but no doubt he could’ve provided minutes.

Sports Reference is listing him at 6-10. Benson got one minutes in his 86th career game last night, and the projected 2020 starter at C is anybody’s guess. (Though it’s probably Benson, who got one minute last night.)
I watched the Colgate game last night. Rap is playing stretch 4, not center. He had 3 shots blocked at the rim by Lehigh. He'd get eaten alive in the B1G inside. He has a sweet 3 point shot though, and unlike NU forwards likes to drive to the bucket.

Reactions: Gladeskat and DaCat
I watched the Colgate game last night. Rap is playing stretch 4, not center. He had 3 shots blocked at the rim by Lehigh. He'd get eaten alive in the B1G inside. He has a sweet 3 point shot though, and unlike NU forwards likes to drive to the bucket.
How well and against what position does he defend?

I'm really happy for Rap. He's a star in the Patriot League. But how well would Aaron Falzon do in the Patriot League? He'd probably lead the league in scoring, top ten in rebounds, etc. What about Ryan Taylor? He'd probably average over 30 points a game. What about Barrett Benson? Pete Nance? Miller Kopp? All those guys would be dominant players in the Patriot League. The B1G is the best league in the country and it's a quantum leap from the Patriot League. So let's cheer for Rap, but let's not get carried away with the silly "what-if" speculations.

Reactions: EagerFan
How well and against what position does he defend?
He defended a 6'8" guy who wasn't very good. Lehigh is a guard oriented team so the ball didn't go inside much. Rap is a little slow of foot and not a banger. But he seems to be in much better shape than when he played a few early games at NU. Good for him!

As an aside, Lehigh leads the nation in 3 point %, shooting 45.4% as a team and averaging 81 points/game. I don't care if you're shooting against a YMCA team, 45% is good. NU barely shoots 45% from 2 (45.9% to be exact)......

I'm really happy for Rap. He's a star in the Patriot League. But how well would Aaron Falzon do in the Patriot League? He'd probably lead the league in scoring, top ten in rebounds, etc. What about Ryan Taylor? He'd probably average over 30 points a game. What about Barrett Benson? Pete Nance? Miller Kopp? All those guys would be dominant players in the Patriot League. The B1G is the best league in the country and it's a quantum leap from the Patriot League. So let's cheer for Rap, but let's not get carried away with the silly "what-if" speculations.

They would all probably do really well at UTEP too.

Or RI would do just as well here with the better supporting cast.

It’s crazy reading the duplicity related to Lathon and RI and truly highlights the irrationality of the underlying contentions.

They would all probably do really well at UTEP too.

Or RI would do just as well here with the better supporting cast.

It’s crazy reading the duplicity related to Lathon and RI and truly highlights the irrationality of the underlying contentions.
So what is your contention Bob? I can’t figure out your position other than it being anti-CCC.

Is it Lathon and Rap wouldn’t be doing much at NU because they are low D1 players or worse? Is it we should have kept them and they would be decent contributors? Is it they stink and were recruiting misses in the first place that just shows how bad CCC is a recruiter? Or is it something else. I really can’t tell because you seem to straddle the line depending on the argument.

Reactions: ricko654321
So what is your contention Bob? I can’t figure out your position other than it being anti-CCC.

Is it Lathon and Rap wouldn’t be doing much at NU because they are low D1 players or worse? Is it we should have kept them and they would be decent contributors? Is it they stink and were recruiting misses in the first place that just shows how bad CCC is a recruiter? Or is it something else. I really can’t tell because you seem to straddle the line depending on the argument.

My contention is one can not argue both sides. Contend Lathom would have been as successful against tougher competition due to better teammates while saying RI would not be better against tougher competition despite better teammates.

This paradox is riddled throughout the last few weeks. Poor CCC has a great PG and couldn’t predict his fall. And see, his stats prove he was a great get.

But RI, who we lost, wasn’t a loss for CCC. He isn’t good enough to play in the B1G. We are better with the empty schollie.

It’s this double standard that I despise.

As for CCC, I liked the hire but am growing more concerned each passing month. I don’t want to do another Carmody bakers dozen failed experiment again. I don’t hate. But I’m not seeing anything indicating improving on weaknesses. Only finding more weaknesses.

So you're saying that Colgate pasted the competition, and that RI brushed right past his defender.

We'd give our eye teeth to have someone that productive.

Reactions: Styre and NUCat320
I wonder if Nance will get used to his body size before he's out of college, especially if he puts on the mass and muscle he needs to compete in the B1G?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT