ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa spread

10 is about right. my guess is 17-3
After Iowa we have chances to win.
Should be able to beat umass.
Might be able to keep it close against minny. And we need to split purdue and illinois otherwise we will have recruits bail.

10 is about right. my guess is 17-3
After Iowa we have chances to win.
Should be able to beat umass.
Might be able to keep it close against minny. And we need to split purdue and illinois otherwise we will have recruits bail.
A d how do you know recruits will bail? In the last 10 years how many have? Young men choose NU for multiple reasons, but academics is are the base. One subpar year in football does not change the status of our quality academics.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
When I see “Iowa Spread”, I think some wildly overly optimistic association of corn growers is convinced they can get people to use corn butter instead of peanut butter.

Great on a sandwich / Fuels your auto, in a pinch!

When I see “Iowa Spread”, I think some wildly overly optimistic association of corn growers is convinced they can get people to use corn butter instead of peanut butter.

Great on a sandwich / Fuels your auto, in a pinch!
This is brilliant.

Credit where credit’s due, my neighbor Wilbur came up with that joke when we were sipping ice cold Corn-o-Coladas down at The Withered Stalk, talking about, “The most Iowa things, ever.”

I liked it, so I shared it.

Reactions: NUCat320
Funny stuff, but if you want to make $ take Northwestern +10.5.

Good luck Saturday Cats!

You wouldn't find a lot of people here willing to bet Northwestern will score 10.5 ... though that is a different question than taking the points.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
nw has had Iowa's number lately
iowa is struggling offensively, their two best guards are out as well as their best WR
leading tackler is out .. how can you not take NW and the points ?

low scoring game where 17 might be enough to win

Saw it at -11 at one of the Vegas books, 39 O/U.

So 25-14 is Vegas’ desired final score? That’s not unreasonable at all.

I’m looking forwards to the game because outside of Nebraska we’ve been playing REALLY good teams and I’m still not sure how good we are. I think it’s better than the 2-10 FPI projections.

So 25-14 is Vegas’ desired final score? That’s not unreasonable at all.

I’m looking forwards to the game because outside of Nebraska we’ve been playing REALLY good teams and I’m still not sure how good we are. I think it’s better than the 2-10 FPI projections.
According to the Massey matrix, we're the best 1-win team in the country, so we've got that going for us, which is nice. In the actual Massey and Sagarin ratings, we're predicted to go 4-8, being favored against Purdue, UMass and Illinois.

A d how do you know recruits will bail? In the last 10 years how many have? Young men choose NU for multiple reasons, but academics is are the base. One subpar year in football does not change the status of our quality academics.

Yeah not that my outsider opinion matters, but I would think recruits choose Northwestern for a wider variety of reasons than how many games the team wins. The guys you all are getting have to be serious about the academic side. That doesn't change with one sub-par year on the field.

Reactions: Rebel_
Agreed, and your still only one year removed from the west title, so I would think recruits would give some slack. ;)

Reactions: Rebel_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT