ADVERTISEMENT

It’s truly remarkable how bad guard recruiting has been

Which interests you:
CCC v Underwood Year 5 or
Brown as a PG?

A year 5 wager obviously takes forever to resolve since Underwood is barely in year 2, so not much of an interest there.

Give me details on Brown wager, including what you would be willing to put up (the more it would be of interest to the board, the better...)

A year 5 wager obviously takes forever to resolve since Underwood is barely in year 2, so not much of an interest there.

Give me details on Brown wager, including what you would be willing to put up (the more it would be of interest to the board, the better...)

Well PGs are known for their assist turnover ratio. So let’s start on what you feel an average D1 PG assist turnover ratio would be.

Ok, I will take the under for Brown next year. What are you interested in? I could go for my old screen name, renaming you or simply requiring your unquestioning support in my b-ball posts for a year.

Ok, I will take the under for Brown next year. What are you interested in? I could go for my old screen name, renaming you or simply requiring your unquestioning support in my b-ball posts for a year.
Comsidering his career assist TO ratio is about 1 to 1, can't take that bet. Sorry!

Comparing Illinois job and task to the NU job ignores all historical obstacles that NU faces. Illinois went to the NCAA championship game In 2005. They are known as a basketball school and have multiple players to the NBA. It is the flagship of one of the top metro areas for talent in the country. You better be able to recruit at Illinois. NU has one tourney appearance. I won’t even get into the other myriad of reasons it’s apples to oranges because it it so obvious.

Ask the Illini fans if they think Underwood is even an average recruiter. Ask him if they think he is a good in game coach that can adapt from his hectic 40 minutes of hell approach. Underwood is a red ass that has had success basically at one place SF Austin. Most of you that think CCC is a problem would be going ape shit if Underwood was in charge at NU. CCC is a much more desirable option and he should make more than Underwood.

Comparing Illinois job and task to the NU job ignores all historical obstacles that NU faces. Illinois went to the NCAA championship game In 2005. They are known as a basketball school and have multiple players to the NBA. It is the flagship of one of the top metro areas for talent in the country. You better be able to recruit at Illinois. NU has one tourney appearance. I won’t even get into the other myriad of reasons it’s apples to oranges because it it so obvious.

Ask the Illini fans if they think Underwood is even an average recruiter. Ask him if they think he is a good in game coach that can adapt from his hectic 40 minutes of hell approach. Underwood is a red ass that has had success basically at one place SF Austin. Most of you that think CCC is a problem would be going ape shit if Underwood was in charge at NU. CCC is a much more desirable option and he should make more than Underwood.

The original discussion concerned compensation as it applies to CCC.

Don't worry, I love preserving my undefeated board wager record...

Which I’m good with too as we take apart your bold assertions with concessions. I feel better about a willingness to stand behind my posts.

Already stated I was not interested in a bet that would be resolved 3-plus years from now...

Alright, good night Mike. You are up 1–0 in bets to back our posts. I’m up 2-0 today in standing behind what we post. About right. See ya tomorrow for the big game v Utah.

The original discussion concerned compensation as it applies to CCC.
Yes, and everyone deserves to be compensated based on their worth in the free market. I’d Coach K leaves Duke, CCC would be a candidate, Underwood would be scoffed at. As I said originally, IMO CCC would find a P5 job almost immediately if he left NU. Underwood, not seeing it.

Which I’m good with too as we take apart your bold assertions with concessions. I feel better about a willingness to stand behind my posts.
Hmm.. I made a "bold assertion" that IB was BMacs backup, and that he likely transferred because of it.

Are we waiting for the Bowl game to rename you, or is it after the game next week?

Alright, good night Mike. You are up 1–0 in bets to back our posts. I’m up 2-0 today in standing behind what we post. About right. See ya tomorrow for the big game v Utah.
Congtats on your 2-0 record! I personally prefer being 2-0 in owning screennames of people who make silly bets against our beloved Cats, but hey, what do I know?

Reactions: IGNORE2
Yes, and everyone deserves to be compensated based on their worth in the free market. I’d Coach K leaves Duke, CCC would be a candidate, Underwood would be scoffed at. As I said originally, IMO CCC would find a P5 job almost immediately if he left NU. Underwood, not seeing it.

Well, Underwood just took this P5 job. So he would leave if he got fired, which would make it tough to follow w another P5 job for anybody. Or because another P5 lured him away. Kinda silly argument in year two, IMHO.

Hmm.. I made a "bold assertion" that IB was BMacs backup, and that he likely transferred because of it.

Are we waiting for the Bowl game to rename you, or is it after the game next week?

Once our football season is over.

If NU switched its mens' bball admission standards to mirror U or I, Collins would have NU in the tournament nearly every year.....NU would get a five star every year.....NU would get a top five player from CPS every year.

Or he didn’t play because the coach wanted him to transfer...

no coach legitimately sits a kid who does things day in and day the right way and can help the team win. it just doesn't happen.

if your argument is "well he can help the team win when he got in games" most coaches don't continually play kids who practice poorly day in and day out, don't know scouts our assignments, or turn the ball over. it just doesn't happen

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT