ADVERTISEMENT

Jeez... would have been better to get killed

I don’t know, that one play after our tying TD to seize momentum is as illustrative of the shortfalls of defensive coaching and recruiting as anything. Snatching a potential win versus a beat down, feels really bad either way.

The fact remains five of our losses were by one score. At least four of those losses could just as well have been wins.

A call that negated a sack and one play that allowed a 75 yard score - both late in the game are hard to blame on coaches today.

The fact remains five of our losses were by one score. At least four of those losses could just as well have been wins.

A call that negated a sack and one play that allowed a 75 yard score - both late in the game are hard to blame on coaches today.
Are you kidding?

How many 75 yard TDs does JON’s terrible system have to yield before you think he might be part of the problem? Didn’t this loss remind you of our embarrassing ending versus the powerful Miami Hydroxide Redhawks?

How many of these massive runs did Hankwitz give up in 13 seasons?

Also, the SIU game was not that close. They could have beaten us by 17 if not for their own mistakes.

Yeah, NU can afford a $40 million buy-out......dude is under contract through 2030.
Do anything they can to make PF as miserable as he has made the team. If can’t control the asst coaches by contract - then start taking away exemptions. Start reducing budgets. Bring back bus travel for away games. No more home OOC games. Double occupancy for coaches too at hotels. Find every crevice not covered by his contract and help PF find the door.

Team sucks so take away things PF wants or likes. DIII budget for DIII program. Until PF says enough and quits.

Heck, unless stopped by contract, deny admission for his kids :) That will kick him in the balls.

Are you kidding?

How many 75 yard TDs does JON’s terrible system have to yield before you think he might be part of the problem? Didn’t this loss remind you of our embarrassing ending versus the powerful Miami Hydroxide Redhawks?

How many of these massive runs did Hankwitz give up in 13 seasons?

Also, the SIU game was not that close. They could have beaten us by 17 if not for their own mistakes.
And Miami had Venus de Milo at QB. And Duke beat us again. They fired their long time coach and are on the upswing

Do anything they can to make PF as miserable as he has made the team. If can’t control the asst coaches by contract - then start taking away exemptions. Start reducing budgets. Bring back bus travel for away games. No more home OOC games. Double occupancy for coaches too at hotels. Find every crevice not covered by his contract and help PF find the door.

Team sucks so take away things PF wants or likes. DIII budget for DIII program. Until PF says enough and quits.

Heck, unless stopped by contract, deny admission for his kids :) That will kick him in the balls.
Bob, I love this but it won't happen. Better for a) Dr Gragg to be on his ass like a loaded diaper or B) Pat Ryan writes a check. Lower the cost of the stadium to 750M

Reactions: IGNORE2
If we play Ohio State close, I'd be impressed with that. That's a legitimately difficult thing to pull off given they're blowing the doors off everyone in the conference.

As it is, the close losses thing doesn't really matter when you're 1-6.

Reactions: DaCat
Bob, I love this but it won't happen. Better for a) Dr Gragg to be on his ass like a loaded diaper or B) Pat Ryan writes a check. Lower the cost of the stadium to 750M
I agree. A man can hope. I posted elsewhere that it is starting to seem like the AD is resigned to not compete in the new NIL world and wants a glitzy place to sell out to any fan and then have things to sell them plus non football revenue. Then simply keep robbing the B1G for their share while offering nothing more than a doormat in return. Gragg is also not the answer. So much for NU brilliance.

I agree. A man can hope. I posted elsewhere that it is starting to seem like the AD is resigned to not compete in the new NIL world and wants a glitzy place to sell out to any fan and then have things to sell them plus non football revenue. Then simply keep robbing the B1G for their share while offering nothing more than a doormat in return. Gragg is also not the answer. So much for NU brilliance.
Not sure yet. Initially, I thought Dr. Gragg was a knee-jerk, Diversity hire after the Polisky debacle. Now, I have a thread of hope after he gave CCC the public red-ass treatment. I expect the same from him for Fitz. If not, I'll join your opinion.

If Fitz brandishes his contract, Gragg can treat it like Lou Brown did for Roger Dorn

Not sure yet. Initially, I thought Dr. Gragg was a knee-jerk, Diversity hire after the Polisky debacle. Now, I have a thread of hope after he gave CCC the public red-ass treatment. I expect the same from him for Fitz. If not, I'll join your opinion.

If Fitz brandishes his contract, Gragg can treat it like Lou Brown did for Roger Dorn
There were plenty of candidates that were interesting and interested in NU. When they learned the interviews were a sham they backed out. Gragg was never mentioned anywhere, and left the AD biz to work for the NCAA. Just look at his track record at Tulsa and you will be underwhelmed. I really blame NU leadership, as they set this guy up to fail and now we are stuck.

There were plenty of candidates that were interesting and interested in NU. When they learned the interviews were a sham they backed out. Gragg was never mentioned anywhere, and left the AD biz to work for the NCAA. Just look at his track record at Tulsa and you will be underwhelmed. I really blame NU leadership, as they set this guy up to fail and now we are stuck.
I remain concerned. Let's see waht he does EOY and after CCC fails this winter. He deserves that chance. Probably didn't know he stepped in dog crap when he took the job.

If we play Ohio State close, I'd be impressed with that. That's a legitimately difficult thing to pull off given they're blowing the doors off everyone in the conference.

As it is, the close losses thing doesn't really matter when you're 1-6.
Playing Ohio St. close. that was a joke, right?

When did Fitz turn into Scott Frost?

Reactions: IGNORE2 and phatcat
"we need to execute". "We were a few plays away". Yada yada yada. No accountability for Jon or Fitz. Nothing will change. Death sprial continues.

Had we gotten mauled at least it might have instigated change.

Oh, don't worry, you're going to get your wish pretty quickly.... how are we not going to get mauled by Ohio State, Illinois and probably Purdue? Maybe Minny too, though they're reeling a little right now. So I'm really glad we played so much better vs Maryland and honestly coulda shoulda woulda won that game. I thought and really hoped we'd have at least one more game this year where we put things together (by our standards anyway), and I think we just saw it.

The reality is, we could continue to play better like we did Saturday, especially with Sully and the offense.... and still get mauled almost every remaining game.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT