ADVERTISEMENT

Joel Klatt speaking the truth of ND and shutting down Charlie...

Nice shout out to Fitz. Good interview if you hate ND. Not sure he gets his facts right about Stanford being the only academic school that requires students be admitted prior to committing.

It's also patently false.

EDIT: Now that I actually listened to the interview, he says they're the only school where guys have to be fully admitted to sign a letter of intent. That's also false. NU is the same thing and, in fact, aren't allowed to take official visits until/unless they've cleared admissions.

Last edited:
As someone who follows ND more closely than many of you, I would say the number one problem with the Irish has been stubborn egotistical coaches who refuse to adjust their game plans to the personnel they put on the field. I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a program that does less with their talent than ND.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
As someone who follows ND more closely than many of you, I would say the number one problem with the Irish has been stubborn egotistical coaches who refuse to adjust their game plans to the personnel they put on the field. I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a program that does less with their talent than ND.

Please see Nov 15, 2014 ;) (both a lesson in stubbornness and a math lesson!)

I agree. They pull highly rated recruiting class after recruiting class in there without being much beyond mediocre on the field. Although I'm not a fan of Lou Holtz, that seems to be the last era where the Irish displayed much life on the field.

I've long contended ND players saw football as a means to an end. I'm not convinced they care as much as they should about W/L

I agree. They pull highly rated recruiting class after recruiting class in there without being much beyond mediocre on the field. Although I'm not a fan of Lou Holtz, that seems to be the last era where the Irish displayed much life on the field.

LH had the benefit of getting a # of players below the academic threshold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT