ADVERTISEMENT

KAH reloads

This is what it feels like to be Alabama football.
No matter the sport, scholarships for HS recruits are dwindling among Top 20 type programs and those in the Power conferences of their sport.

Only the elite of the elite will make the cut out of HS. Otherwise, coaches would be foolish not to take the older, more experienced and proven players out of the portal.

GOUNUII

No matter the sport, scholarships for HS recruits are dwindling among Top 20 type programs and those in the Power conferences of their sport.

Only the elite of the elite will make the cut out of HS. Otherwise, coaches would be foolish not to take the older, more experienced and proven players out of the portal.

GOUNUII
I find it unusual that we can get LAX players to transfer in, but can’t get much more than a sniff in football. Does the quarter system get in the way for football but not LAX? I know we are a powerhouse in LAX, but it has to be more than that.

I find it unusual that we can get LAX players to transfer in, but can’t get much more than a sniff in football. Does the quarter system get in the way for football but not LAX? I know we are a powerhouse in LAX, but it has to be more than that.
I bet that premier lacrosse girls spend a lot more time studying in hs and college than allstar fella footballers do. The ladies realize that they have to start a career in something other than lcx after they use up their eligibility.. NFL hopefuls [] in something called playing things other than school....??

Why does it have to be more than that? Best coach, best facilities, 7 National Championships, none of which football has.

Why does it have to be more than that? Best coach, best facilities, 7 National Championships, none of which football has.
Because we rarely get ANY players. Of course a few, but proportionally way less than just about any peer school. We seem to struggle to get capable transfers. I am not talking stars. KAH gets elite transfers which as you point out is understandable.

I think we have trouble getting people to transfer to NU in time for winter quarter with football. LAX being a spring sport, it is easier to get athletes to transfer over the summer.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Most of these are grad transfers - so not transfer students at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT