ADVERTISEMENT

Klock

Talk about a moment that will last a lifetime! OL scores on a pass in his final game on a huge national stage. Must have been quite a celebration for the Klock family last night. So happy for them!
Is Klock the OL transfer from GTech? I thought this play was critical in the game. I woke up my wife upstairs cheering! Does anybody know?- Did Klock get his master's degree at NU? What are his plans for a career now? I am just curious. My buddy met him earlier in the season and gushed at what a great young man he his- well spoken, humble and seemingly very intelligent.

My family and I were fortunate to meet Trey last year at the Gaylord Opryland on gameday and got to speak with him. Nice young man, he was surprised I knew who he was!

He was on the o-line at Georgia tech but I thought he got switched to superback primarily playing during goal line situations. Can anyone confirm?

He was on the o-line at Georgia tech but I thought he got switched to superback primarily playing during goal line situations. Can anyone confirm?
That's right. He was an OL at Georgia Tech, but at NU he has been used almost exclusively as a road grader at superback in goal line situations. That is what made the play work. If I recall correctly, Butler moved out to the right and lined up as a WR as a trick decoy. I assume others in the line slid over, as Klock appeared to line up as LT, then slip out for the pass as Butler waved his arms on the right to draw attention as the "fake trick." I have not watched it on replay today, but that is my recollection. A heck of a play.

Is Klock the OL transfer from GTech? I thought this play was critical in the game. I woke up my wife upstairs cheering! Does anybody know?- Did Klock get his master's degree at NU? What are his plans for a career now? I am just curious. My buddy met him earlier in the season and gushed at what a great young man he his- well spoken, humble and seemingly very intelligent.
Wake up your wife? You live in Europe? Game started at 6:00 CST. The fine lady has to take one for the team and pass on the sleep for a few hours.

Reactions: mickbula
That's right. He was an OL at Georgia Tech, but at NU he has been used almost exclusively as a road grader at superback in goal line situations. That is what made the play work. If I recall correctly, Butler moved out to the right and lined up as a WR as a trick decoy. I assume others in the line slid over, as Klock appeared to line up as LT, then slip out for the pass as Butler waved his arms on the right to draw attention as the "fake trick." I have not watched it on replay today, but that is my recollection. A heck of a play.

Let’s just Butler “really” sold it. Enjoy the replay.

I am wondering if Coach Nagy of the Bears sold them this play......suddenly offensive lineman are changing into wide receivers in Chicago

Wake up your wife? You live in Europe? Game started at 6:00 CST. The fine lady has to take one for the team and pass on the sleep for a few hours.
LOL! My wife started work this morning at 400am. She usually gets up around 3am. She is a nurse at a local hospital and works really weird hours. They have been giving her 12 hour days, 3/4 days a week. I agree with you though! She almost never watches the games with me. She has never gone to see home games with me- I used to go for over two decades with my Dad before he died 3 years ago. I married her despite all of this lack of NU school spirit! . Sometimes I cheer and yell just to get her riled up and keep her from sleeping even when there is not much going on in the game!

LOL! My wife started work this morning at 400am. She usually gets up around 3am. She is a nurse at a local hospital and works really weird hours. They have been giving her 12 hour days, 3/4 days a week. I agree with you though! She almost never watches the games with me. She has never gone to see home games with me- I used to go for over two decades with my Dad before he died 3 years ago. I married her despite all of this lack of NU school spirit! . Sometimes I cheer and yell just to get her riled up and keep her from sleeping even when there is not much going on in the game!

It must be “icy” at your house in the days following an NU game.

Atta Boy.

Klock played high school ball in our conference at Lower Dauphin High in Hummelstown, Pa. Class family. I'm glad to see him have a highlight moment.

Great to hear that! I just moved to the Harrisburg area a couple years ago. Always good to learn of a Northwestern connection to the area!

Reactions: Mossreportdos
With all the creative talent that courses through this board, certainly there’s an Ode to Mr. Klock in the works. Hickory, Dickery, Doc, the pass was caught by Klock....

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
All correct. Trey's father, Rob Klock, comes to our tailgate at all of the home games. He's a great guy and so is Trey. Rob told me that Trey really enjoyed his experience at Ga.Tech as well as his time at NU. Last year he was a back-up guard playing at 285 lbs. This season he switched to superback and got his weight up over 300 lbs.
his

All correct. Trey's father, Rob Klock, comes to our tailgate at all of the home games. He's a great guy and so is Trey. Rob told me that Trey really enjoyed his experience at Ga.Tech as well as his time at NU. Last year he was a back-up guard playing at 285 lbs. This season he switched to superback and got his weight up over 300 lbs.
his
His grandfather ( I think that is who he was) was a nice fella too.

I thought he was waving to make clear to the referees that he was ineligible. Isn’t that often an issue with that kind of play?

How does the eligible receiver rule work? Is it purely a numbers thing, so a certain number of players have to stay behind the LOS, regardless of position?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT