ADVERTISEMENT

Knocked it out of the park

Impressive debut. If the players respond to him Saturdays may be fun again

He made it clear that his father is a Wisconsin fan.
Otherwise, it was a forgettable 15 minutes. He did exactly what he was expected to do.

He made it clear that his father is a Wisconsin fan.
Otherwise, it was a forgettable 15 minutes. He did exactly what he was expected to do.
We will have to adjust our expectations on coaches being NU lifers. Given the fact that we probably can’t hire any former NU player from the last 20 years, all our coaches will be outsiders.

Reactions: Darren72
We will have to adjust our expectations on coaches being NU lifers. Given the fact that we probably can’t hire any former NU player from the last 20 years, all our coaches will be outsiders.
Change is good. Embrace it.

I thought he did fine.

It will all come down to the season. 4 or 5 wins means he stays, a 0 or 1 win season means we try to hire someone like Skip Holtz or former Kent State coach Sean Lewis or Bob Stoops or someone like that.

Coach Braun seems like a good man, I will be rooting hard for him to succeed! And for the players to have a season books are later written about!

GO CATS!

I thought he did fine.

It will all come down to the season. 4 or 5 wins means he stays, a 0 or 1 win season means we try to hire someone like Skip Holtz or former Kent State coach Sean Lewis or Bob Stoops or someone like that.

Coach Braun seems like a good man, I will be rooting hard for him to succeed! And for the players to have a season books are later written about!

GO CATS!
It is one thing to be able to win some games but unless he can also show that they stop the exodus and bring in new talent, that will not be enough. Does he have the organizational skills? Might keep him in the role of DC but HC might be hard as so much needs to be addressed next off season and everyone new in the program is so new at this level and a lot of the guys that have been here are likely on way out the door. If we need to bring in a bunch of new assistants to replace key guys, that might force a change as well despite any success on the field. Hard to say he has the depth of contacts to be able to do that job

Learning in a trial by fire situation might hasten his learning curve but really hard to say that will be enough with the massive rebuilding that will be necessary. This isn't just taking over an existing situation but more of a complete rebuilding and that is a tough situation for anyone let alone someone with as little experience as he and the rest of the staff will have

Last edited:
And if he wins not 5 like I said but 6 and win a bowl?

Let's just watch and see what happens, but I think if he wins 4 or more he will be extended for a brief time, like 3 years or so. If he gets us to a bowl he will get coach of the year nominations - heck we might not be able to keep him!

Trail by fire typically results in wreckage, waste, and general loss

Braun tapped danced in effort to run out the clock. My understanding is that he took a total of 4 questions from media.

He climbed and met low expectations

Trail by fire typically results in wreckage, waste, and general loss

Braun tapped danced in effort to run out the clock. My understanding is that he took a total of 4 questions from media.

He climbed and met low expectations
Shrug. What could have to to radically exceed expectations? He could have frozen under the glare, he could have done a number of things wrong. He sounded like a real coach with a passion for his players and the university. Spot on.

Reactions: ubercat
Two different posters have started threads with KIOOTP as the phrase. maybe he was batting from centerfield

At 2:33 in the press conference he says "Roller coaster of emotion" - tell me he doesn't sound exactly like Chris Collins. More seriously, I agree he knocked it out of the park. I'm as downcast as anyone about the state of things, but he did a great job answering questions and deserves credit for keeping it real, and not being a passenger. Give him the AD and president roles as well, and we'll see a drastic improvement in leadership and handling versus the current lawyer&clown show.

Reactions: NUCats
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT