ADVERTISEMENT

Ok now we are in

People had a right to worry. If we'd lost this game, followed by a typically hilarious loss in BTT to a low seeded team, we'd have been in bubble trouble..
This place was a nest of pretty over the top neuroticism the last week. This is a very good team and everybody in the country knows this is a very good team. Minnesota sure as hell knows it tonight.

This place was a nest of pretty over the top neuroticism the last week. This is a very good team and everybody in the country knows this is a very good team. Minnesota sure as hell knows it tonight.
I haven't posted in the last week for a reason. I'm just happy to see the very good team show up to rise above the injuries in this game

Right, we were in even with a loss. Many people on here laid it out during the weak. It was just a case of the typical worry wart NU fans.

Right, we were in even with a loss. Many people on here laid it out during the weak. It was just a case of the typical worry wart NU fans.
False. We would have likely been a playin team or gotten the worst last seed if we had lost out.

Now I’m dreaming of the 8 or 9 seed in Brooklyn. We’d have a solid NYC turnout in Purple. Go Cats!

Reactions: GrandRapidsCatFan
False. We would have likely been a playin team or gotten the worst last seed if we had lost out.

Now I’m dreaming of the 8 or 9 seed in Brooklyn. We’d have a solid NYC turnout in Purple. Go Cats!
I’ve made hotel reservations in SLC and Memphis! Omaha and Spokane would be tough.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
We were not. Lose 4 in a row and we had to sweat it out. Nobody had us a lock until we beat Minnesota. There’s a reason for that. Because we simply weren’t.

As it is we don’t have to worry about it. And I guess nobody will know for sure. It’s better that way. On that I hope we can all agree.

Last edited:
More reliable than a moose sighting.

Sheesh, I could have saved you guys a lot of angst.. Where I am currently it is a day ahead of the U.S.

Selection Sunday will arrive here on Saturday so will have to remember to check in and report. :)

h864uus26qx2.jpeg

We were not. Lose 4 in a row and we had to sweat it out. Nobody had us a lock until we beat Minnesota. There’s a reason for that. Because we simply weren’t.

As it is we don’t have to worry about it. And I guess nobody will know for sure. It’s better that way. On that I hope we can all agree.
Yes we can agree on that. My point is NU fans look at our teams in a bubble and rarely acknowledge the warts on other teams, but they sure point out our warts. These bubble teams are far from powerhouses and none of them had our resume before yesterday.

Reactions: SDakaGordie
Good job Cats. Took care of business

Let’s go win the BTT now. Why not? We’ve beaten every team out there (except Wisconsin on the road, which means we are due).
I posted this in its own thread but it was locked because of a spiteful troll or two:

We should mail in the first round of the BTT. It does not matter and our starters need the rest, plus our backups need the minutes.

Double bonus!

I posted this in its own thread but it was locked because of a spiteful troll or two:

We should mail in the first round of the BTT. It does not matter and our starters need the rest, plus our backups need the minutes.

Double bonus!
A) dumb take B) we nearly always lose the first game, so you will get (most of your wish).

Also I hate the idea because I would value BTT championship over a sweet sixteen

A) dumb take B) we nearly always lose the first game, so you will get (most of your wish).

Also I hate the idea because I would value BTT championship over a sweet sixteen
Idk about BTT > S16 but yes we absolutely play to win the BTT because more wins in the BTT improves our NCAA seeding which is statistically proven to enhance your chances of advancing!

First off, I won’t get my wish unless our starters get rest and Mullins, Smith, Clayton, Hunger, and Preston get plenty of run. Preferably at the same time.

Man, I would value a S16 experience more than a BTT by far.

I can’t even name last year’s BTT winner, and I don’t even remember winning the second game in 2017.

I’ll forever remember the victories in the first round. I’d remember a S16 appearance fondly.

Maybe purdue won big ten tourney?? Nobody really noticed. Lost as 1 seed in ncaa tourney vs 16 seed. Farley Dickinson or some strange school like that. Abject failure due to being worn out and outcoached

Maybe purdue won big ten tourney?? Nobody really noticed. Lost as 1 seed in ncaa tourney vs 16 seed. Farley Dickinson or some strange school like that. Abject failure due to being worn out and outcoached
More evidence that expending your team’s energy to win the BTT is a waste of time.

Purdue embarrassed themselves last year on national TV. I’d rather win.

Reactions: mickbula
Idk about BTT > S16 but yes we absolutely play to win the BTT because more wins in the BTT improves our NCAA seeding which is statistically proven to enhance your chances of advancing!
Having a higher seed is a good thing.

So is not burning your team’s energy for 3 consecutive games assuming we get the double bye.

This is such an interesting debate. I think I’d choose a Sweet 16 just for the week of national attention and the chance to go to see the game in person.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT