ADVERTISEMENT

Lakefront Reflections

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
From a prior visit to campus. Hopefully there are some here still enjoying social distancing walks or bike rides along the Lakefront as Spring is here.

DSC6767_zps5aigkiki.jpg

DSC6746_zpsb113ggiv.jpg

DSC6770_zps2ntuwhly.jpg

Ah, 3 or 4 inches of snow here in Chicago-land and still coming down a bit.

Amazing. I don't recall snow in Evanston in mid April. I guess Global Freezing is the newest world threat? FWIW, it hit 50 degrees this week for the first time this year here in Anchorage although there still remains some ice to chip away in my driveway with some unmelted snow on the lawns.

IMG_9303(1).jpg

Last edited:
Just saw this on another board from today:

"It snowed here in Illinois."
v0l9he23e8u5.jpg

Amazing. I don't recall snow in Evanston in mid April. I guess Global Freezing is the newest world threat? FWIW, it hit 50 degrees this week for the first time this year here in Anchorage although there still remains some ice to chip away in my driveway with some unmelted snow on the lawns.

IMG_9303(1).jpg
Well they are calling for the mid to upper 50's tomorrow, so all will be gone. I do remember going to a Cubs opener in April a way back where they had to shovel the snow out of the aisles.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I remember going to cubs games in full winter gear. Leaving by the fifth inning for Murphy’s Bleachers and then stumbling back to Evanston 8 of us in one taxi! Yeah it was cold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT