ADVERTISEMENT

Last four in?

Both A & M and Mississippi State losing today should hopefully keep us out of that dreaded play-in game, especially if North Carolina beats NC State.

Florida Atlantic losing, New Mexico winning. I am really sweating, especially if North Carolina State wins.

So it's really true that AQ don't play in the play-in games? I didn't know that, but now I suppose it's possible. I figure NC State took Virginia's spot in the field, but if they don't have to play in Dayton, then there isn't that much room for error. Go Colorado!

Oregon gonna win. We are going to have a long day tomorrow. Just hoping we avoid Dayton at this point. Would be an epic joke.

Well everything that could go wrong did tonight. We'll see what tomorrow brings but todsy was not what we wanted.

Keep in mind that Colorado could now be in the play-in game. Gotta look at those teams around 9/10/11 now, but even if Oregon and NC State aren't eligible for the play-in game, I still think there are too many teams between us and that crew.

Reactions: ParisCat
Bracketmatrix has St. John's, Oklahoma, Colorado, Michigan State, Mississippi State, and Michigan State behind NU, with Florida Atlantic, Colorado State, and Nebraska just above NU.

NU definitely gets their name called tomorrow - not worried about that - just need four of those teams above to finish behind NU. Didn't realize it would be so close.

Feel sorry for Indiana State, Princeton, Virginia, Texas A&M, Seton Hall, who really should be feeling miserable right now with tonight's results. We're not them.

Today was insane and tomorrow will unfortunately be stressful
It’s looking like the play-in games will be 10-seeds, which I believe has never happened. It’s likely the 11s will all be going to AQs.

The good news for us is if we’re already on the 8 or 9 line then nothing effectively has changed for us. If we’re on the 10 line then Dayton is suddenly in play.

It’s looking like the play-in games will be 10-seeds, which I believe has never happened. It’s likely the 11s will all be going to AQs.

The good news for us is if we’re already on the 8 or 9 line then nothing effectively has changed for us. If we’re on the 10 line then Dayton is suddenly in play.
I just watched a video that explained that 35 at large teams has been voted into the field by Saturday morning and that all teams that make the field would be selected by the end of the day. I think there’s a good chance we were in the 35, but there’s going to be room for a few more because 6 of these teams will get in as AQs.

As of early Saturday, the top 5 seed lines had been plotted out. So while we may have been voted into the field already, seeding could be shifting into Sunday morning, especially with all the weird game results.

Bracketmatrix has St. John's, Oklahoma, Colorado, Michigan State, Mississippi State, and Michigan State behind NU, with Florida Atlantic, Colorado State, and Nebraska just above NU.

NU definitely gets their name called tomorrow - not worried about that - just need four of those teams above to finish behind NU. Didn't realize it would be so close.

Feel sorry for Indiana State, Princeton, Virginia, Texas A&M, Seton Hall, who really should be feeling miserable right now with tonight's results. We're not them.
Temple helped us by beating FAU last night.

Thank you Owls!

I think we’re fine, folks. I’d personally love it if we fall to a 10 seed as long as we avoid the play-in.

Reactions: UpsetAlert
Falling to 10 throughout all of this stress and hand wringing ironically ups our chance of a Sweet 16 run (minus an impossible play in game)

I’m not too worried as of 1 AM this morning Lunardi still has us as an 8 seed in Charlotte against the Aggies, really hoping that we fall in The Brooklyn pod.

Reactions: SDakaGordie
I’m not too worried as of 1 AM this morning Lunardi still has us as an 8 seed in Charlotte against the Aggies, really hoping that we fall in The Brooklyn pod.
Yep.

Assuming we’d win the first round game, could you imagine how much fun it will be to play UNC in Charlotte?

Not much!

Yep.

Assuming we’d win the first round game, could you imagine how much fun it will be to play UNC in Charlotte?

Not much!
Yeah, that’s a home crowd for UNC so it would not be a neutral game would be more like a home game for them, that’s why I really want Brooklyn selfishly because I want to go to the game.

Yeah, that’s a home crowd for UNC so it would not be a neutral game would be more like a home game for them, that’s why I really want Brooklyn selfishly because I want to go to the game.
Brooklyn would be incredible. Charlotte feels the most likely, then Brooklyn and Memphis. SLC, Indy and Omaha are possible.

Feeling better about the Cats’ chances after sleeping on it.

Brooklyn would be incredible. Charlotte feels the most likely, then Brooklyn and Memphis. SLC, Indy and Omaha are possible.

Feeling better about the Cats’ chances after sleeping on it.
Brooklyn would be incredible.

I’m even ok if it means we have to face UConn in the second round. They looked vulnerable yesterday and we’ll have a strong purple crowd in NYC.

Last night was wild. Per bracket matrix 4 of 5 10 seeds will go to Dayton, New Mexico, NC St, and Oregon are ineligible because they are AQs. We're still showing as a 9, though some brackets have us missing entirely which I think is ridiculous.

Ideally, we are a NON-play in 10 seed in Indy but yes Brooklyn as a 9 would be cool. We’d have no pressure and a big crowd.

Reactions: ParisCat
Last night was wild. Per bracket matrix 4 of 5 10 seeds will go to Dayton, New Mexico, NC St, and Oregon are ineligible because they are AQs. We're still showing as a 9, though some brackets have us missing entirely which I think is ridiculous.
Weird. 4th in the B1G, competitive loss in BTTT, and there is a possibility of missing or having "play in".

So it's really true that AQ don't play in the play-in games? I didn't know that, but now I suppose it's possible. I figure NC State took Virginia's spot in the field, but if they don't have to play in Dayton, then there isn't that much room for error. Go Colorado!
The play-in games are for the worst overall teams (16 seed), which are AQs, and for the final "at-large" teams picked.

Reactions: NJcatsfan
CBS just had NU as a 9 (per palm) and they were talking about MSU as a 10 on the bubble.

Good thing we beat Minnesota

So much for being a lock without that one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT