ADVERTISEMENT

Live/updated views inside WR construction

WR2 > WR1 as WR1 > McGaw Hall. And I'm not talking about seating capacity. I can't wait until November.

Here's a little something for a boring April afternoon. I didn't know there was a live camera inside.

The live camera switches every several minutes between each view.

Enjoy.

Thank you for the link. I checked the pics against the plans. View 1 appears to looking at what will be the South End of the stadium. The plans show the south upper level concourse is open to the windows while the North End is block off.

View 2 appears to be looking at the northeast corner. The north end concourse is much smaller on the plans. The concessions are not directly behind the stands.

View 3 (and 4) appear to be East side (I'm guessing bc the same railing in View 2 is in View 3).

Thanks. Give you a feeling for how intimate the new place is going to be. Everything will be right around the playing floor.

Indeed. Perhaps oddly, I am intrigued by the prospect of sitting in one of those small sections they are adding in the rafters at the ends of the court. Those should provide a close and unique perspective.

Here's a little something for a boring April afternoon. I didn't know there was a live camera inside.

The live camera switches every several minutes between each view.

Enjoy.

Can't wait to see the new building come November. May even make a special trip in for a game sometime next season. Unlike some on here, I am glad they are keeping it smaller with just everything new/updated. With the same footprint as the old arena, I got to think this place will have the ability to get quite loud. Cause say what you want about Welsh-Ryan and all of it's warts, but that place could really get rockin' on the right nights.

With the same footprint as the old arena, I got to think this place will have the ability to get quite loud. Cause say what you want about Welsh-Ryan and all of it's warts, but that place could really get rockin' on the right nights.
I think WRA v2.0 will be even louder than the old gym. The seats seem to be closer to the floor and the balcony will bring more voices closer to the court. Will be a great venue for hoops.

Reactions: Jonny2TheP
Indeed. Perhaps oddly, I am intrigued by the prospect of sitting in one of those small sections they are adding in the rafters at the ends of the court. Those should provide a close and unique perspective.

That was my thinking when I selected season tickets in the first row of one of those sections. Now seeing it on the live cam makes me even more excited for November.

Can't wait to see the new building come November. May even make a special trip in for a game sometime next season. Unlike some on here, I am glad they are keeping it smaller with just everything new/updated. With the same footprint as the old arena, I got to think this place will have the ability to get quite loud. Cause say what you want about Welsh-Ryan and all of it's warts, but that place could really get rockin' on the right nights.
Oh that's right, smaller is better.

Willy was merely restating his belief in the old maxim: "Addition by subtraction."

Let's get Jim Nance back to do a game, and he will put it at the uncontested TOP of his game day atmospheres.

A lot of the board want a tight, enclosed, small capacity , multi-deck stadium for the football team. Considered "fantastic" for a small school. Well, that is what is being built for Welsh-Ryan. Embrace it. Ever been to Duke's basketball arena? Tiny.

It was NURoseBowl’s idea to pin the camera link. Someone should buy him a drink.

Is the Live webcam working for you? I get an error when it tries to load.

Just tried it, works for me, had to wait a couple of minutes for it to load, possibly I had better results because I am in Florida. OK I am not serious

I bookmarked the original link and I still get a picture. If you it PLAY on view 1,2 or3 you get a really cool time lapse video of that view.

The player ends at April 17 which is about when the live view stopped working. It still isn't working today.
So is this to do with the camera, or a computer issue? And if it IS a problem with the camera, with whom might we speak about getting it fixed?

So is this to do with the camera, or a computer issue? And if it IS a problem with the camera, with whom might we speak about getting it fixed?
Seems like a network issue at NU. The exterior cam is working but the three interior cams aren't. I'd contact Dr. Jim......

I wonder if it's a coincidence that we post the link, clicks increase and then a few days later the cam "breaks down?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT