ADVERTISEMENT

lol Notre Dame

I was an ND fan growing up, even in the lean years of the late 50's and early 60"s. I ended my respect for them during the Lou Holtz years.

Lou Holtz was a disgrace to the college game. I almost puked every Saturday, when he was promoted as the face of college football

He put Arkansas, Minnesota and South Carolina on probation and abandoned the Jets just before the season started

ND sits in the middle of the Big10 footprint, with many historic rivalries but was given prima Donna treatment by the ACC and were rescued this year by being granted temporary full member status

My boss (who I like a lot) is a Golden Domer. We have come to a peaceful understanding on football, but it’s definitely one of the first things I learned when interviewing with him.

I’ve had several Golden Domer employees. We always seemed to come to an awkward place of (fake) mutual respect in terms of football.

Bull$hit!
No, of course we never hear NU alums brag about their Alma Mater. Well, they should. And Domers are proud of their school. That’s the way it works. So again I say again.
Bull$hit!
I think you can draw a fine line between being proud of your school and adopting the ND holier than tho, elitist mindset!

It’ll be interesting to watch the ND/ACC relationship with Phillips in charge. Was there ever an occasion Phillip’s attitude about ND was visible?

Reactions: rmndcat
'Cats would've been the second best team in the ACC maybe the best. ND is scared to play Northwestern. Scared to play B1G ball. Expose them.

If Clemson plays in the Big Ten next year, I see them as an 8-4/9-3ish Outback Bowl team. Absolute joke of a free ride they get every year. Disgraceful defensive performance today by a so-called great D-Coordinator in Venables. He ought to be embarrassed.

Reactions: Gladeskat
It’ll be interesting to watch the ND/ACC relationship with Phillips in charge. Was there ever an occasion Phillip’s attitude about ND was visible?

I don’t know about “visible”, but JP is a huge fan of ND as an institution. Worked there, sent two kids there. Whether that means he will push for a closer ACC football bond, or instead respect its independence, we’ll see...

If Clemson plays in the Big Ten next year, I see them as an 8-4/9-3ish Outback Bowl team. Absolute joke of a free ride they get every year. Disgraceful defensive performance today by a so-called great D-Coordinator in Venables. He ought to be embarrassed.
Then they must have terrible coaching because they have way more talent than anyone not named OSU. Two National titles in the last 5 years, so we can probably debunk that myth.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
It’s no coincidence that the 3 best QB’s this season are all in the CFP.
Agree that they are all very good QBs. But as always, it's tough to tell how much of their success is because they are good and how much is because they are on good teams, surrounded by great playmakers in the other offensive skill positions and with the benefit of getting to operate behind some of the best O-lines in the country.

Reactions: drewjin
ND's independence allows them to typically play a large number of inferior teams sprinkled with a couple of name teams every year. The inferior teams allow them to get more player in scrimmage type games that help them to get up for the few good teams they play.
At the end of each season they typically get revealed for what they are.

Perhaps, I overreacted. Well, no perhaps about it. Sorry. I just remember my dad’s advice to never insult a person’s job or school. You are insulting who that person is. That’s how I should have worded my post.

ND's independence allows them to typically play a large number of inferior teams sprinkled with a couple of name teams every year. The inferior teams allow them to get more player in scrimmage type games that help them to get up for the few good teams they play.
At the end of each season they typically get revealed for what they are.
I'm no ND fan. But it is unfair to say their schedule has a large number of easy games. Consider last year: they have a contract with the ACC to play 5 ACC teams each season, in order to be a member for all other sports. They always play USC. They played Georgia, Michigan and Stanford, losing to UGA and UM for their only 2 losses. They played a ranked Navy team in an annual meeting. The beat Iowa State who is a top Big 12 team. The only non-power conference teams they played were New Mexico and Bowling Green. I'd say their schedule is comparable to any other Power conference team, and harder than many SEC teams because they don't schedule a FCS breather.

First thing you know about a person from ND is that they went to ND. I’ll never resist a chance to laugh at them.
Is the reason we know they went to ND because they are sure to tell us or we can hear you laughing?

I'm no ND fan. But it is unfair to say their schedule has a large number of easy games. Consider last year: they have a contract with the ACC to play 5 ACC teams each season, in order to be a member for all other sports. They always play USC. They played Georgia, Michigan and Stanford, losing to UGA and UM for their only 2 losses. They played a ranked Navy team in an annual meeting. The beat Iowa State who is a top Big 12 team. The only non-power conference teams they played were New Mexico and Bowling Green. I'd say their schedule is comparable to any other Power conference team, and harder than many SEC teams because they don't schedule a FCS breather.
Their schedule is much more solid than it was back when they won NCs

Reactions: NJCat
Agree that they are all very good QBs. But as always, it's tough to tell how much of their success is because they are good and how much is because they are on good teams, surrounded by great playmakers in the other offensive skill positions and with the benefit of getting to operate behind some of the best O-lines in the country.

It’s Not that hard to tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT