ADVERTISEMENT

Love it Coach Collins

Collins stood up for his guys. Was a CLEAR offensive foul on Jones. We would have had a baseline out of bounds, down 3, 9 seconds to go… could have absolutely tied it or won it with another dirty Purdue foul from Ethan Morton.

Collins stood up for his guys. Was a CLEAR offensive foul on Jones. We would have had a baseline out of bounds, down 3, 9 seconds to go… could have absolutely tied it or won it with another dirty Purdue foul from Ethan Morton.

Also pretty clearly went after the same ref who stared at the non-hook from about five feet away.

CCC was in total control. Game was over.

He paid proper respect to Purdue. He backed his guys. He gave the fans a show.

Dang this is a good team and that would have been a *great* one to have.

That official won’t make any anticipatory calls against the Cats next time. Efffff that.

I loved in the presser when asked Collins talked about how many FT’s Purdue shot and then said “Boo had zero”

I’ve been watching Big 10 basketball for close to 50 years and can’t recall a player of Boo’s caliber who gets so little respect from the refs.

Reactions: rmndcat
Still VERY upset about the Ty Berry no call 4 point play, and I understand we probably lose either way but we ALWAYS get called for ticky tac, questionable end of game fouls on opponents 3 point attempts. The lack of consistency by refs across the league is truly a problem for the B1G. 🗑️🤬🤮

They should look into these things. That ref should be fired. There is clear bias. Very suspicious BS. No way a game is that one sided on foul calls. We would have won with some equitable, neutral reffing. Total BS

The ability to absolutely lose it like that and show class at the same time is truly commendable. I appreciate him for voicing all of our frustrations and I’m sure the teams while still showing Purdue the respect they deserved. Hopefully it grabs the refs attention the rest of the season.

The ability to absolutely lose it like that and show class at the same time is truly commendable. I appreciate him for voicing all of our frustrations and I’m sure the teams while still showing Purdue the respect they deserved. Hopefully it grabs the refs attention the rest of the season.
Also the timing and patience, whereas his technical vs Gonzaga buried us. Same situation. Egregious, game altering call. He's grown as a coach

Easily one of the best coaching elections I've ever seen.

Kudos to Collins for sticking up for the team like that.
I had turned off the TV so honestly missed the ejection. Does anyone have a link?

FWIW his ejection and questioning of the free throw disparity landed a headline on ESPN’s front page this morning - most specifically, CCC called it “crazy”. So either the media doesn’t like the Big Ten refs either, or it was a slow news day.

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2
I bet that ref is a Purdue alum!
One thing both fanbases seem to agree on is that that ref is horrible. They say that ref HATES Purdue. I've seen his name pop up in other chats that have nothing to do with NU.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
I had turned off the TV so honestly missed the ejection. Does anyone have a link?

FWIW his ejection and questioning of the free throw disparity landed a headline on ESPN’s front page this morning - most specifically, CCC called it “crazy”. So either the media doesn’t like the Big Ten refs either, or it was a slow news day.

Seriously it was electric.

I think the way it went viral and all (and the circumstances, end of OT against Purdue) is why ESPN has it high up on their daily stories.

Maybe it’s the media pointing out the absurdity of the disparity.

Chicago Tribune story does not tell why Collins got so mad to get ejected, leaving the impression Collins was just a sore loser. It seems like the writer did not see the game and the non call on Purdue at the end. Pretty bad journalism to focus on the ejection without clarifying the reason behind it. Sort of like writing about Abraham Lincoln’s wife being upset after seeing a play at Ford’s theater. Perhaps she hates the Arts?

They should look into these things. That ref should be fired. There is clear bias. Very suspicious BS. No way a game is that one sided on foul calls. We would have won with some equitable, neutral reffing. Total BS
I agree that the hook on Jones was a foul.

In foul totals, Purdue is top ten and Northwestern is like 330 in fouls drawn. It didn’t surprise me, especially at Purdue.

Just last season, Northwestern shot 40 free throws to 10 for Illinois at Northwestern.

He lost his way for a few years but has found it, a la Harbaugh
Not again…

…and I’ve never seen a CCC comparison to Harbag…the cheater…

Telling myself not to reply again on repeat….

Not again…

Yea. I vomited a bit when I read that comparison.

CCC isn’t perfect but he sure as hell ain’t Harbaugh.

Not again…

Yeah, I'll take that beating. Trust me, there is no one here that loathes MichiGag or Hairball more than me. 'Other than the cheating, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like Mich 2023 season?'

Yes we need a better example of someone who lost his way and then saw the light.
Harbaugh kinda did that, but his solution was to cheat.
Worked for him, I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT