ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Hunger Sighting on Social Media

Didn't see Audige, but did see Buie.

Reminds me of that video clip posted last year where Barnhizer drove past Nicholson and scored and a few sharpies went ballistic saying how "slow" Nicholson was defensively primarily because "Barnhizer is terrible."

It is tempting to go look for that thread.

Didn't see Audige, but did see Buie.

Reminds me of that video clip posted last year where Barnhizer drove past Nicholson and scored and a few sharpies went ballistic saying how "slow" Nicholson was defensively primarily because "Barnhizer is terrible."

It is tempting to go look for that thread.
These are always reliable videos to evaluate players and teams. And I am always pleased we seem to be a team who shoots an impressive 100% FG%

Hard to tell without the beard. Although I’m disappointed that CCC doesn’t employ the same level of secrecy that Fitz does.

Matt developing a midrange shot should be a top secret weapon.
Well, if he does, it won't be a secret for long. Here's to that! 👍

Reactions: IGNORE2
Developing a jump hook around the basket with both hands would be even more important
Nicholson belongs in the paint! He needs to develop shooting range to 8 feet. If he misses, he can still get his own rebound. If he's shooting jumpers from beyond 10 feet, thats not good.

I mean, sure, a miracle could happen, but his strengths are near the orange metal hoop with the cloth hanging down.

• Haha
Nicholson belongs in the paint! He needs to develop shooting range to 8 feet. If he misses, he can still get his own rebound. If he's shooting jumpers from beyond 10 feet, thats not good.

I mean, sure, a miracle could happen, but his strengths are near the orange metal hoop with the cloth hanging down.
Would love to have seen you develop Wembenyama. LOL

Hard to tell without the beard. Although I’m disappointed that CCC doesn’t employ the same level of secrecy that Fitz does.

Matt developing a midrange shot should be a top secret weapon.
And yet, CCC enjoys greater success without the super secrecy…

He can do both, they're not mutually exclusive. Take what the defense gives you, if it's a wide open 10 footer, knock it down.

Would love to have seen you develop Wembenyama. LOL
Isn't Victor Wembanyama listed at 7'2" 210 lbs?
19 years old, expected to be first pick in NBA draft.

I mean you are "countering" my argument with a guy that is an inch taller than Nicholson and about 60 lbs lighter.

Nicholson has abilities, I've said that for 3 years. Thru 3 years at NU he had not developed much of a hook shot or any real post move that he could rely on. The coaches had very little confidence in him and sat him on the bench for two full seasons.

It would be bizarre to see such a guy scoring effectively from the perimeter.
He's one of the biggest, strongest players in the Big Ten.
His size and strength are usually rewarded near the basket.

But sure, we can compare him to the #1 pick in the NBA draft and wonder why Nicholson can't be making 3 pointers too!

• Haha
I’ve heard rumblings that Martinelli is going to be a breakout guy next year.
From some of us on the message board?
I mean there have been several people on here saying he had plenty of potential and even comparing him to John Shurna, as soon as he started getting some minutes...

Or are you getting supporting information from somewhere else?

Semantics. I would love to see Big Matt be able to play facing the basket a bit, and pop in some 8 footers.

Isn't Victor Wembanyama listed at 7'2" 210 lbs?
19 years old, expected to be first pick in NBA draft.

I mean you are "countering" my argument with a guy that is an inch taller than Nicholson and about 60 lbs lighter.

Nicholson has abilities, I've said that for 3 years. Thru 3 years at NU he had not developed much of a hook shot or any real post move that he could rely on. The coaches had very little confidence in him and sat him on the bench for two full seasons.

It would be bizarre to see such a guy scoring effectively from the perimeter.
He's one of the biggest, strongest players in the Big Ten.
His size and strength are usually rewarded near the basket.

But sure, we can compare him to the #1 pick in the NBA draft and wonder why Nicholson can't be making 3 pointers too!
There you go again… always knocking Nicholson.

• Haha
From some of us on the message board?
I mean there have been several people on here saying he had plenty of potential and even comparing him to John Shurna, as soon as he started getting some minutes...

Or are you getting supporting information from somewhere else?
Not from the boards.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Developing a jump hook around the basket with both hands would be even more important
I would be happy if he got comfortable finishing in traffic off of two feet around the basket. He’s a good athlete but there were times when he would get the ball right under the basket and would throw it back out. He was great moving to the basket on pick and roll but seemed uncomfortable when he was stationary and had to jump off of two feet. Learning a little deception would help him enormously.

I would be happy if he got comfortable finishing in traffic off of two feet around the basket. He’s a good athlete but there were times when he would get the ball right under the basket and would throw it back out. He was great moving to the basket on pick and roll but seemed uncomfortable when he was stationary and had to jump off of two feet. Learning a little deception would help him enormously.

Hopefully another year working with Brian James will do wonders for Big Matt.

I wonder what James can actually do, given that he is no longer an active assistant coach. Aren't there rules about who can coach the players?
Who knows but he was a pretty visible last year.

Unless I’m mistaken, May 31 is the last day for Audige to withdraw from the NBA draft. Of course he could stay in the draft, not get drafted, then try to get a FA summer team tryout. If he doesn’t get picked up by an NBA or G league team, he would still have the chance to go overseas. And a good NBA summer league showing would boost his stock.

whichever route he goes I wish him nothing but success.

When Wembeyana was younger someone developed all his skills instead of just sticking him under the basket because he was big.

They tried him with various skills.

Maybe MN can do stuff if given a chance and some support.

When Wembeyana was younger someone developed all his skills instead of just sticking him under the basket because he was big.

They tried him with various skills.

Maybe MN can do stuff if given a chance and some support.
Younger? Compared to MN, W has has about half the development time. I wonder if some people are simply borne w natural talent…. Nah, more likely the amazing and infallible coaches at NU probably somehow influenced the kid at an early age. Cuz per CSC, actively coaching at NU confirms god level status…

Not from the boards.
Come on man, you can't leave it at that!

MN developing any shot that is not a dunk or layup should make opposing teams curl into the fetal position.

There was a game a few years ago, in West Lafayette, where Pardon could not miss from the mid range. It was early in the season too. I got so excited I wanted to have his children. I think it was this game.

Come on man, you can't leave it at that!

MN developing any shot that is not a dunk or layup should make opposing teams curl into the fetal position.

There was a game a few years ago, in West Lafayette, where Pardon could not miss from the mid range. It was early in the season too. I got so excited I wanted to have his children. I think it was this game.

Doesn't Zach Edey have to make a BIG BIG decision by tomorrow?
Nicholson is the #2 behemoth until Zach leaves West Lafayette...

...although if Edey comes back for another season, he may find that there's a new sheriff in town. And Matt's six-shooter skills from the NU bench two seasons ago are just itching to make an on-court appearance.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
MN needs to work on his shot 15 feet and closer. He is going to draw a lot of fouls and will be at the line a lot. A center who can hit a wide open open shot from the line forces the D Center aqay from the basket and opens up offensuve rebound opportunities. MN shooting from more than 8 feet is never going to be the best option. He looked a little better at the line last year and hopefully can get his percentage up. The new PF transfer dies not have great FT stats so that us a risk. The dunks are fun though.

As I've said before, I have no idea what MN was doing off the floor, but in high school he seemingly was not encouraged to shoot from distance. I doubt he was in middle school, either. Clarkston is a role player system and it starts young. Get the ball in the low post, attack the rim or find Fletcher Loyer.

With the physical transformation I think it will be tough for him to learn to shoot from midrange or long distance any time soon. I'd rather he spend that time on becoming proficient at the line, develop three moves to the basket, get comfortable with a baby hook from either hand. Become enough of an offensive threat that he attracts double teams and can use his good court vision to find the open three.

As I've said before, I have no idea what MN was doing off the floor, but in high school he seemingly was not encouraged to shoot from distance. I doubt he was in middle school, either. Clarkston is a role player system and it starts young. Get the ball in the low post, attack the rim or find Fletcher Loyer.

With the physical transformation I think it will be tough for him to learn to shoot from midrange or long distance any time soon. I'd rather he spend that time on becoming proficient at the line, develop three moves to the basket, get comfortable with a baby hook from either hand. Become enough of an offensive threat that he attracts double teams and can use his good court vision to find the open three.
Could not agree more!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT