ADVERTISEMENT

Midvale Dave is ill and needs our help

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I just found out some very sad news today: Dave Sack, aka Midvale Dave, a Hall of Fame poster on this board, has a brain tumor. He had surgery recently and is undergoing chemotherapy now.

They are having a fund raiser in Kenosha on Saturday to help Dave and his wife Kathy pay for some of the medical expenses. They have a number to call if you would like to donate.

Please consider helping Dave during this difficult time. He is an NU grad, a great guy and one of the biggest Cats fans I know.

Midvale Dave Fundraiser

Brought me to tears, just looked at the board for the first time in a few weeks. Do we know what kind of tumor? I posted on the rant board a few months ago that my dad is fighting glioblastoma, I pray that's not what Dave has. Count me in for helping, was always a super nice guy. I'm sure my pops will kick in too, he's doing well, but cancer is a nasty nasty horrible disease, anyone who is affected by this is in it.

You got this Dave,

Erik

Reactions: HappyNUyear
I just found out some very sad news today: Dave Sack, aka Midvale Dave, a Hall of Fame poster on this board, has a brain tumor. He had surgery recently and is undergoing chemotherapy now.

They are having a fund raiser in Kenosha on Saturday to help Dave and his wife Kathy pay for some of the medical expenses. They have a number to call if you would like to donate.

Please consider helping Dave during this difficult time. He is an NU grad, a great guy and one of the biggest Cats fans I know.

Midvale Dave Fundraiser

Horrible news. Will they also be setting up a GoFundMe Page?

Brought me to tears, just looked at the board for the first time in a few weeks. Do we know what kind of tumor? I posted on the rant board a few months ago that my dad is fighting glioblastoma, I pray that's not what Dave has. Count me in for helping, was always a super nice guy. I'm sure my pops will kick in too, he's doing well, but cancer is a nasty nasty horrible disease, anyone who is affected by this is in it.

You got this Dave,

Erik

Agree...Dave is a great guy. I too hope it's not a Glioblastoma. I've known too many people who've had it, and it's terrible. Thoughts and prayers to Dave and his family.

You got this Dave,

Erik

Erik, You can friend him on Facebook, Get more info from his page and probably send him a message

Thanks, I will use my wifes or have my dad reach out, I actually do not have Facebook, got rid of it 4.5 years ago........

Thanks

Erik

Thanks for the link. Back when I found this board in '05, MVD was one of the big reasons I could never stop coming back.

Awful news to hear, my thoughts to Dave and his family.

ul-midvale-school-for-the-gifted-13164024.png

Midvale Dave Fundraiser
We love you Midvale Dave and you are in our prayers! Sincerely, wrassler!

Reactions: IGNORE2

Midvale Dave Fundraiser
Terrible news, but MVD is a tough customer. Will figure out how to donate, and will do so. Hang tough Midvale.

I may not always agree with those on this forum or vice a versa and he’s one I didn’t always agree with but we became friends. I met Midvale through this forum and I’m honored to call him a friend.

This hits home, as my brother was also diagnosed with cancer back in August. Cancer sucks! Please donate to help Dave.

Last edited:

Midvale Dave Fundraiser
Dave is one of the few board members I actually have met live - he is a nice, down to earth, genuine guy. I believe that was at one of my Evanston visits in 2010, and I’ve missed his posts on here the past couple of years.

This year has been awful as well for my family and close friends in terms of cancer. My brother-in-law is currently in ICU after an awfully tough surgery to hopefully remove his once and for all. He won’t be able to make it home for Thanksgiving to see his young daughter (my niece who’s too young to comprehend his illness) and it tears me up every time I think about it. Prayers and empathy to all who are fighting this horrible disease.

I will absolutely donate to Dave and I hope it will help in some small way. Get well soon Midvale! We’re all pulling for you.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Definitely one of the "Good Guys." Hoping that referenced "road to recovery" is not too rocky. Thanks Lou for giving us the opportunity to step in and hopefully help.

This pic from the 2005 road game to Illinois is certainly timely given who and where our opponent is this weekend.

If i recall correctly this was the first time I met Midvale Dave in person.

(Credit to GoUPurple for his captioning and preserving the memories in the HailtoPurple.com archives.)
alaska_illinois2005_fans1.jpg

Fans continue to celebrate in the lot.
L to R: MizzouCat, MidvaleDave, Steven Horton, Alan Smithee, and DrillCat.

Link to the full Photo Feature:

http://hailtopurple.com/av/photos2005_illinois.html

Last edited:
Dave has had ups and downs since his surgery in October. He was home for awhile, but had some setbacks. He is doing his best and as Dave will tell you, he is married to a Saint. Friend him on FB and he will respond when he can. Dave is a Great guy, as you know and he and his wife need our support. Please keep him and his wife in your thoughts and prayers.

All in for Midvale. Beat this thing, Dave. Had the best road trip ever together down to Jacksonville for the Cowbell Bowl. The visit to the “Nuthouse” is forever etched in my memory.

Dave has had ups and downs since his surgery in October. He was home for awhile, but had some setbacks. He is doing his best and as Dave will tell you, he is married to a Saint. Friend him on FB and he will respond when he can. Dave is a Great guy, as you know and he and his wife need our support. Please keep him and his wife in your thoughts and prayers.

I spoke to him a couple of times after the first surgery, actually personal messages on Facebook, but did not realize that there had been a setback. I am pretty sure that Glades has talked to a bunch of times recently, and I think he also spoke to Smithee.

Reactions: nu greek
All in for Midvale. Beat this thing, Dave. Had the best road trip ever together down to Jacksonville for the Cowbell Bowl. The visit to the “Nuthouse” is forever etched in my memory.
Hoping that Midvale beats this dam disease. Also remember the dopey cowbells and how about when Dave got his hands on a few t-shirts noting MSU Gator Bowl Champs.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I spoke to him a couple of times after the first surgery, actually personal messages on Facebook, but did not realize that there had been a setback. I am pretty sure that Glades has talked to a bunch of times recently, and I think he also spoke to Smithee.
He told me today he is not going home for awhile. Glad we are all together on this for Dave and Kathy.

Thinking of Dave. I rarely post, but have been a member of the community for well over a decade. I appreciated his contributions and look forward to him being healthy again soon. My prayers and support go out to MVD and his family on this day of giving Thanks.

Midvale Dave Fundraiser

My prayers and thoughts are with Dave and his family. God bless you sir, fight the good fight!

Dave joined me for road trips to Michigan State and Indiana. A moment I'll never forget occurred as we were in the parking lot, walking into Memorial Stadium in Bloomington, when a couple of gentlemen in Indiana gear stopped us (read: him), marveling, "So YOU'RE Midvale Dave?!? Granted, he was wearing his NU jersey with MIDVALE on the back, but apparently his legend had grown to the point where IU fans A). knew who he was, and B). were sufficiently moved to want to come up and shake his hand.

Last edited:
My own Midvale story:

Some years back while visiting in the Chicago area I somehow got permission to view a Kenosha morning practice. Shortly after arriving and sitting on the overlooking berm I was approached by the big guy who couldn't have been more welcoming. At end of the morning session Fitz trotted over and had a brief chat with us. Then I went to lunch with three magnificent companions -- Midvale Dave, Gladescat and the wonderful Flagonthefield.

I prize the memory of that day.

I posted more in the past but rarely do so now. Dave was one of the few on this board that I met in person. He was very generous and give me an extra ticket to a game. I really enjoyed hanging out with and talking Cats football for a couple hours. I will continue to pray for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT