ADVERTISEMENT

Midvale Dave is ill and needs our help

Awful news.My Dad had brain cancer and I know it's a tough thing to face. My thoughts are definitely with you, Dave. Looking at the GoFundMe page, it looks like a lot of others are pulling and praying for you, too.

I never met anyone on this board but there are a few guys that post regularly that I somewhat feel I know. Dave is one of those. This news saddens me. I had a brain tumor removed 21 months ago. It has completely changed my life. Nothing seems to work right, but it is getting better. My heart goes out to you Dave, I will think of you often I am sure. Please keep the board up to date on your progress.

Met Midvale and NURosebowl at the MSU away game a few years back. Two great guys. I'll be pledging like I did to get Midvale to a recent bowl game. Best of luck to him and his family and reach out if any additional support is needed.

Just wanted to update the board, that on Dave's FB page, his wife posted yesterday that Dave was headng in for another surgery. She did not mention where, but was concerned and asking for prayers. She followed up about 8 hours later that Dave was out of surgery and resting. No further information since. Please keep Midvale in your thoughts and if you haven't given to his GoFundMe page, please consider it. They really could use as much as possible.

$1,000 donation in the books. The campaign has exceeded the goal thanks to so many of us.

Let's keep it going!
That’s really cool of you man. If I ever get to a “real life” board event, let me buy you a beer / beverage of your choosing.

And speaking of real life, as an added bonus: think of how Midvale’s friends and family will react when they see the donation, particularly those who aren’t familiar with this board.

“Who is this Hungry Jack, and how does someone named that come up with $1,000 so quickly?”

That’s really cool of you man. If I ever get to a “real life” board event, let me buy you a beer / beverage of your choosing.

And speaking of real life, as an added bonus: think of how Midvale’s friends and family will react when they see the donation, particularly those who aren’t familiar with this board.

“Who is this Hungry Jack, and how does someone named that come up with $1,000 so quickly?”
Hungry Jack is apparently not so hungry. Good work man!

Just received this update in my email from minutes ago:

"UPDATE!!!!!! I just talked with Kathy and she wanted to express how grateful the Sack family is to everyone that showed up for the benefit and also the people who donated on this site so far. David is still in the hospital, but should be moving to a rehab center within the next few days. They will be trying to build up his strength so he can start radiation soon. Please keep David and Kathy in your prayers during this difficult time."

"This email was sent on behalf of Randy Van Deursen via GoFundMe."

Reactions: Hungry Jack
The response here has been great. I know many of the donors and have some inkling of their situations and the generosity shown here by members has been special. It's also understandable if you know MidvaleDave. Many here have enjoyed his sense of humor, but what's remarkable when you meet him in person is his congeniality and how quick he is with a funny quip. And if he says something wrong or senses he may have ruffled your feathers, he's also quick to park his ego and apologize, which is special, IMO. Dave's a really nice guy and I hate to see this happen to him. Sheesh, he's been fighting cancer hard on behalf of his mother and friends with fund drives, special darts tournaments, and other efforts for years. It's nice to see this response now.

Dave has not been able to work since the middle of October more or less. These folks still need money for rent and food and utilities and stuff like that. I suspect that it’s the main purpose of this fundraising effort.

With lost income, im sure the medical bills isnt the primary reason for donations. Probably wont be back to work for a while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT