ADVERTISEMENT

Miller Kopp Jinx?

I think we went about 30-plus years without ever winning in Bloomington so, to this old timer, this is amazing, sort of like beating Ohio State by 25 points.
I don't think we had ever won in that venue since it was constructed and then to win there 3 times in a row... Should we thank Miller for transferring there?

I believe we won there a few times in the oughts with the Kelvin Sampson debacle that led to a few Indiana teams gathered from the dorms and gyms.

A couple of Carmody' teams finally ended the Indiana ignominy. I remember personally thanking him for that. And yes, it came after the Sampson scandal.

Reactions: drewjin
I don't think we had ever won in that venue since it was constructed and then to win there 3 times in a row... Should we thank Miller for transferring there?

I think we should invite him to the next NU/IU game in Evanston to formally thank him.

The fact that he's our lucky charm aside, think of how magical it would be to have Gragg at center court welcoming an old fan favorite during one of the media timeouts. I bet the crowd would go wild!

I thought Miller would be tearing up the European League now, they must be in break.
Surprised to see that Miller is playing for NBA G-League team Oklahoma City.

Last I read, he had "committed" to Limoges Cercle Saint-Pierre, a team in the French Pro A league.
That was in August.
By November he was playing in the G-League.

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin
Surprised to see that Miller is playing for NBA G-League team Oklahoma City.

Last I read, he had "committed" to Limoges Cercle Saint-Pierre, a team in the French Pro A league.
That was in August.
By November he was playing in the G-League.
You need to be a player of a much higher caliber than Kopp to play in the French Pro A.

Not that players like Kopp don't, on occasion, get signed by teams at that level, look at Pat Spencer, he got signed at a point for the first tier in Germany.

But it's a monster mistake to have your first experience in Europe be at that level if you have Kopp's quality. You will be mediocre and burn interest teams might have in you. You will kill your stats. Start in Romania or something like that. Play alongside Olah!

Out of curiosity went to check on how Tydus is doing. Was released in Portugal's first tier. Was picked up by an Estonian team. Good for him.

I think we should invite him to the next NU/IU game in Evanston to formally thank him.

The fact that he's our lucky charm aside, think of how magical it would be to have Gragg at center court welcoming an old fan favorite during one of the media timeouts. I bet the crowd would go wild!
Well he has been at every one of their losses in this streak

Assuming I can accurately read the small type of the NU Media Guide, in January 2003 IU beat NU for the 26th consecutive time. Since then NU leads the series 18-17 as of yesterday.
When did Knight leave?

2009, 2010, 2011, 2014 we beat them in Bloomington so you are correct
We won the game in ‘09 by 22. Craig Moore hit a couple of really deep bombs on a big run in the 2nd half. That dude could really shoot it.

More reliable than a moose sighting.
Speaking of Moose, this ungulate showed up this week as I left my driveway. Gotta feel good about tomorrow's game with Michigan.

From this week as I left my driveway headed to work:
2v9ny69a1tpb.jpeg

Kopp is selling sh*tty $70 “Indiana VS Everybody” hoodies. No Northwesterns, tho.

Appear to be red or white, not cream or crimson. Doof.

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
Kopp is selling sh*tty $70 “Indiana VS Everybody” hoodies. No Northwesterns, tho.

Appear to be red or white, not cream or crimson. Doof.
One of my kids used to have an Imaginary Friend.

No imaginary enemies though.

And she was done with that by age 8 or so.

Do you ever find moose poop?
The gift shops here gild it and sell it as Moose Nuggets. Not too different than those dry owl pellets that kids dissect in their elementary school science classes.

To answer the question, in the Midwest you guys focus on raking leaves off your lawn. Here, when the snow melts we have a similar task courtesy of our winter guests.

He once talked a young Jim Calhoun out of taking the Northwestern job. Which honestly was good advice for Jim Calhoun.
Thankfully Chris Collins ignored that nonsense.

Can you imagine if Bo Schembechler talked Barnett out of the NU job in 1992?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT