ADVERTISEMENT

Mooney

Wow. Kid can play.

Reports are that it came down to NU and TTU, and it was close.

Yet some who are Ignored say Collins can't identify talent.

WTF???

Did I miss something? Is Mooney coming to Evanston?

Did I miss something? Is Mooney coming to Evanston?
Don't know what you missed, but what you didn't miss was Fitzphile creating a whole thread just to troll you. And you took the bait..Gotta admit, he's good at what he does...

Matt Mooney...

giphy.gif

Don't know what you missed, but what you didn't miss was Fitzphile creating a whole thread just to troll you. And you took the bait..Gotta admit, he's good at what he does...

Again, the definition of troll around here. And I turned his post back on him. Job well done. Next.

Reactions: mikewebb68
Wow. Kid can play.

Reports are that it came down to NU and TTU, and it was close.

Yet some who are Ignored say Collins can't identify talent.

WTF???

I have to say he may have helped our team a bit this year.

I also have to say, he probably made the right decision. I will wonder now how good we could have been with a Mooney-Law-Pardon big three and others playing in roles they were more suited for.

I can't say for sure we would have been a tournament team. But I can't say for sure we wouldn't. We were on the bubble going into the Big Ten season. I'd think that top 3 could match up with most of the other teams. Then with Turner and the young guys playing supporting roles ........

Ah well ... damn.

I have to say he may have helped our team a bit this year.

I also have to say, he probably made the right decision. I will wonder now how good we could have been with a Mooney-Law-Pardon big three and others playing in roles they were more suited for.

I can't say for sure we would have been a tournament team. But I can't say for sure we wouldn't. We were on the bubble going into the Big Ten season. I'd think that top 3 could match up with most of the other teams. Then with Turner and the young guys playing supporting roles ........

Ah well ... damn.
Probably made the right decision?

Again, the definition of troll around here. And I turned his post back on him. Job well done. Next.
Not taking sides just defining a troll

There's the ones who try to anger and just say outrageous things. There's others who try to stir contraversial things up with out there claims. Both use bait and think of it like trolling for fish.

Trolls will have no on topic defense for their statements and try to drag on the arguments for as long as possible. (Basically changing the argument to make them right) Then there's my favorite the leave it at one post and watch it explode.

Reactions: IGNORE
What will help him in the real world more in the future? An NU degree or saying he won a national championship in college?

Just might be the latter.

My son won 2 NCAA Championships in Lacrosse, certainly not as prestigious as BB, but it has opened many a door , creating very lucrative business opportunities

My son won 2 NCAA Championships in Lacrosse, certainly not as prestigious as BB, but it has opened many a door , creating very lucrative business opportunities
That's kinda what I figured.

What will help him in the real world more in the future? An NU degree or saying he won a national championship in college?

Unpopular opinion of the day, I am taking the Natty and the Texas Tech graduate degree over last place in the Big Ten and the NU graduate degree. No contest.

Sorry if this controversial, but people can be successful in the real world with degrees from many many different schools. The real world eventually is going to want results and that will advance someone’s career in the long term not the name on the parchment. We are talking about one year of attendance. Mooney may get some more initial contacts for the real world having gone to NU, but his skill set is unlikey to markedly different after ONE year.

The degree may be helpful for a foot in the door but ultimately success in life will be about his ability, work ethic etc... I’d take a national championship in ban
Unpopular opinion of the day, I am taking the Natty and the Texas Tech graduate degree over last place in the Big Ten and the NU graduate degree. No contest.

Sorry if this controversial, but people can be successful in the real world with degrees from many many different schools. The real world eventually is going to want results and that will advance someone’s career in the long term not the name on the parchment. We are talking about one year of attendance. Mooney may get some more initial contacts for the real world having gone to NU, but his skill set is unlikey to markedly different after ONE year.

Totally agree. The degree might get your foot in the door initially at some places depending on the type of job but after that it’s mostly what you bring to the work. I interview folks all the time and someone who has the skill, work ethic and leadership to be a PG on a final 4 team will stand out. And if you are going to be an entrepreneur or go into something non-corporate, the degree matters even less. I’d take the national title experience.

We were on the bubble going into the Big Ten season.

?

Our best non-conference win (Utah neutral site or DePaul at home) was quad 3. That on its own doesn't get you into the NIT, never mind the NCAAs.

That's kinda what I figured.
It’s true. Doc’s son does really well and I’m sure winning those two titles has opened up some doors for him. He’s a smart personable young man, but I’m sure it has not hurt one bit.

?

Our best non-conference win (Utah neutral site or DePaul at home) was quad 3. That on its own doesn't get you into the NIT, never mind the NCAAs.
We were in most of the bracketology Last 4-8 out at that point. We had narrow losses to good teams, and we had a lot of opportunities for quality wins. We absolutely were on the bubble at the time.

It's not controversial at all. he made the right decision.

Rough final two minutes of OT for Mooney.

They were gassed with Owens (ankle) not being able to play after it tightened up at halftime. He is one of their best players and allowed them to have the depth they could have used in OT.

Culver was off all night but was allowed to keep dominating the offense. Should have used Mooney or Moretti more.

Culver was off all night but was allowed to keep dominating the offense. Should have used Mooney or Moretti more.
They were guarding Mooney pretty well He did not even really get off any shots to speak of in first half

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT