ADVERTISEMENT

Most underrated player

PURPLE Book Cat

Gold Member
Sep 3, 2007
Much attention has been paid to Walker and JJTBC, but what unheralded player is most under appreciated? My vote - Lancaster. He had a motor that just wouldn't quit, chasing several opponents down from behind,

Curious to see what the board thinks

Harris. We know he is good, but doesn't seem to get the conference recognition. IMO was our best corner since he stepped on the field. I know he has some preseason accolades, but they have been a long time coming.

I completely agree with you. Harris is a very special talent.

I think people know about Harris so that he can't be considered underrated.

Much attention has been paid to Walker and JJTBC, but what unheralded player is most under appreciated? My vote - Lancaster. He had a motor that just wouldn't quit, chasing several opponents down from behind,

Park. When healthy he may be the best offensive lineman.

Austin Carr I think is under rated. With the WR corps as thin as it is. I believe he will have ample opportunity to shine, and will.

Hance, Watkins and Lancaster are solid choices. I would add Hall to the list. I think he came on late last year and I expect a big year from him. I also think Jayme Taylor and Cam Queiro are really good players waiting for a chance to show it on the field.

Harris has been our best CB for a while and is a sure fire high NFL pick. Hard to call him underrated.

Hance, Watkins and Lancaster are solid choices. I would add Hall to the list. I think he came on late last year and I expect a big year from him. I also think Jayme Taylor and Cam Queiro are really good players waiting for a chance to show it on the field.

Harris has been our best CB for a while and is a sure fire high NFL pick. Hard to call him underrated.

Not sure how high Harris will go. His size will hold him back somewhat in the eye of NFL talent evaluators.

Besides Christian Salem? I think Igwebuike is highly talented and has received little recognition...and he's just getting better. Agree that Harris has been under-recognized until this year. Van Hoose seemed to grab all the accolades. He was definitely a strong competitor, but he occasionally got beat long and had a hard time against bigger receivers like the guy from Ball State last year. He was really strong against the run, but so is Harris.

Reactions: AlvinMack
Hance came in a settled our LT position and even moved Mogus back to guard and got very little love along the way. I'd say, Hance.

Park. When healthy he may be the best offensive lineman.
I saw Park down in Tampa in the hotel elevator. That is one big big boy. I he was other guys that were clearly lineman, he seemed much bigger.

Lancaster.

Harris is definitely underrated from a national perspective, especially considering the B1G boasts two guys like Jourdan Lewis and Desmond King.

Reactions: CatChatAR
If Harris is not on the list of the top 10 B1G DB's, he obviously is underrated. And the author of that list is a fool.

Another underrated Cat is Lancaster. I think he will fight his way onto the radar this year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT