ADVERTISEMENT

MSU

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Just wow. The Izzo's were down 13 or something in the second half and had lost Ahrens to a leg injury. The come all the way back to beat UM for the third time in 3 weeks. Izzo's kids just don't quit. Guy can really coach.

Reactions: ubercat
Congrats to Izzo and the rest of the B1G Coaches headed to the Big Dance:

IMG_3240_zpstyzzxenb.jpg

MSU got the overall #8 seed. Michigan got the overall #5 seed. How is that possible ? Did the committee take Ahrens injury into account ?

Michigan's offensive execution and poise down the stretch was pathetic. Shot selection was abysmal.

Re MSU and UM seeds, I seriously think these guys on the committee have no clue...MSU, the top 2 seed after a reg co-championship, a conf tourney title AND 3 WINS OVER UM, get put in with the top seed, Duke...WTF?!?!

Meanwhile, UM, losers of 3 to MSU and no regular season title, gets the lowest #1, Gonzaga...Do they look past the end of their noses?

And what about the MSU, Minny, MD cluster all on same side of 1 bracket?? I can assure you, since expansion to 64/68 teams no team has faced a potential 2nd round conf match-up (MSU/Minny) followed by another (MD).

Reactions: FlintTown
Re MSU and UM seeds, I seriously think these guys on the committee have no clue...MSU, the top 2 seed after a reg co-championship, a conf tourney title AND 3 WINS OVER UM, get put in with the top seed, Duke...WTF?!?!

Meanwhile, UM, losers of 3 to MSU and no regular season title, gets the lowest #1...Do they look past the end of their noses?

And what about the MSU, Minny, MD cluster all on same side of 1 bracket?? I can assure you, since expansion to 64/68 teams no team has faced a potential 2nd round conf match-up (MSU/Minny) followed by another (MD).
Yeah, that part was the biggest oversight of the bracketing, no question

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Yeah, not the way it worked out. Was probably to keep someone from getting a home or near-home game...
Actually, the way the NCAA placement rules work, the 2-seeds are put into regions closest to their campus. Sucks for MSU but the rules were in place before selection Sunday.

The Spartans finished as the No. 6 overall seed, which is exactly where I had them and wholly justified given a soft nonconference performance (best win: Florida) and losses to Illinois and Indiana (twice). That meant that Tennessee, the No. 5 overall seed, got preference for the South Region in Louisville. Michigan State then was slotted in the East because that regional site (Washington, D.C.) is closer to East Lansing than Midwest Regional host Kansas City, Mo. (by 115 miles, according to Google Maps).

https://theathletic.com/873371/2019/03/17/first-impressions-the-selection-committee-got-a-lot-right/

Reactions: mikewebb68
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT