ADVERTISEMENT

My Grassroots Plea to NUMB

CatQ

Aug 27, 2008
[I've actually brought this up to my contacts in the athletic department, but might as well post it here.]

Please, please, PLEASE NUMB: turn around like every other band that plays at Welsh-Ryan and play to the fans on the east side as well. You know, the 'new' home side? I know you do it once a year, but how about once a game? Not enough money for another ladder for the director on that side? Contact me - I'll fund it.

I, as well as my fellow east side STHs and Wildcat fans, want to hear the finest band in the land too. Thank you!

Signed,
A Loyal 'Cats Fan who has hardly actually heard you play in 20 years

CC: Dr. Mallory Thompson

[I've actually brought this up to my contacts in the athletic department, but might as well post it here.]

Please, please, PLEASE NUMB: turn around like every other band that plays at Welsh-Ryan and play to the fans on the east side as well. You know, the 'new' home side? I know you do it once a year, but how about once a game? Not enough money for another ladder for the director on that side? Contact me - I'll fund it.

I, as well as my fellow east side STHs and Wildcat fans, want to hear the finest band in the land too. Thank you!

Signed,

I wish the band were larger and more flexible but it seems like they do things the way they do because they don't have a lot of funding. I remember when they basically had no practice space (maybe that's still true?) and old unis. At least the unis were replaced finally. When I knew kids in the band the university was not giving any scholarships like OSU did. Is that still true?

Signed,

You are making an assumption that fans on the west side can hear the band !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT