ADVERTISEMENT

Newsome was AWESOME!

When did I say he is a lousy coach and we should get rid of him? Talk about strawmen. I was saying I think he's done a fantastic job so far (though I'd like to see consistency over time). But, yeah, create a position that I'm not taking so you can argue against it, because you can't refute what I'm saying.

You push this crap all the time. Hank was a 2nd string tight end (Jim Mandich started), therefore he should never coach defense. Probably would never hire Cutcliffe as a QB coach or Leach as an OC because they never played and you think football is some esoteric skill for which only former players have the secret password. We get it, you like stereotypes.

Sheesh.

Last edited:
You push this crap all the time. Hank was a 2nd string tight end (Jim Mandich started), therefore he should never coach defense. Probably would never hire Cutcliffe as a QB coach or Leach as an OC because they never played and you think football is some esoteric skill for which only former players have the secret password. We get it, you like stereotypes.

Sheesh.

You cut the crap. Stop trying to argue against a ridiculous strawman, which you do all the time. It's like your decades old insistence in suggesting that I think Star Ratings are perfect indicators and that no stars can't be successful and 5 stars can't be busts.

Sheesh.

Go back into this thread and read where I said that playing a position was a pre-requisite and that only former players have a secret password for. In fact, I have said several times that it is not a pre-requisite and you can certainly be successful without that experience. I said Matt McPherson has done a great job. The only point that I made is that having played a position well lends credibility and experience that can be helpful. Do you refute that? If not, then acknowledge the point and stop trying to create a position that I do not hold just to argue.

Double Sheesh.

You cut the crap. Stop trying to argue against a ridiculous strawman, which you do all the time. It's like your decades old insistence in suggesting that I think Star Ratings are perfect indicators and that no stars can't be successful and 5 stars can't be busts.

Sheesh.

Go back into this thread and read where I said that playing a position was a pre-requisite and that only former players have a secret password for. In fact, I have said several times that it is not a pre-requisite and you can certainly be successful without that experience. I said Matt McPherson has done a great job. The only point that I made is that having played a position well lends credibility and experience that can be helpful. Do you refute that? If not, then acknowledge the point and stop trying to create a position that I do not hold just to argue.

Double Sheesh.

No.

My moral superiority to you prevents me from wasting my time responding to folks pushing stereotypes.

See rant board

• Sad
Reactions: EvanstonCat
Well, so much for my post trying play peacemaker and find common ground between these two... :rolleyes:

Well, so much for my post trying play peacemaker and find common ground between these two... :rolleyes:

Your intentions are appreciated, but they are futile. Glades and I have been battling each other since the dawn of the Northwestern football forums when the internet first emerged. Things are actually much less volatile actually. Just be thankful that you have not experienced the atrocity of the Gladesbomb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT