ADVERTISEMENT

Next Bears Head Coach

I've actually not seen Fitz's name come up consistently in articles speculating on the Bears' head coaching search - even saw one recently where he wasn't one of 27 candidates that were mentioned. It's funny how fickle this whole process can be, and how timing is everything. I mean...whether you're angry with Fitz after this season or not, is he really that much different of a coach than he was one or two or five seasons ago?

Ironically, seeing Kafka's name come up regularly, albeit as a longshot. Very cool to see him doing so well in the NFL coaching ranks.

On the WBBM Newsradio 780 website, an article by Chris Emma (from The Score 670 AM) does list Fitz as a candidate. IMHO it is highly unlikely Fitz would actually be offered the job

Whoever becomes the next Bears coach, would Kafka "jump ship" to become the Bears OC (or QB coach) ? He is a native Chicagoan so presumably was a Bears fan at one time .

OTOH for his mental health it probably would be best for him to remain with the Chiefs..as long as McCaskey is in control the Bears are likley doomed to be perpetually mediocre(at best)

Reactions: IGNORE2
It’s gonna be Flores. I’m still pissed Miami let him go. Hopefully his schtick doesn’t wear out his welcome in Chicago — he’s a good coach.

Reactions: runawayCat
It would appear that Flores' issue in Miami was an inability to bring in coordinators. Perhaps Kafka could come "home" as OC? I for one would love to see a competent Belichikian head coach in Chicago. There appears to be some real talent on that side of the ball for Flores to utilize.

It’s gonna be Flores. I’m still pissed Miami let him go. Hopefully his schtick doesn’t wear out his welcome in Chicago — he’s a good coach.
Good coach but abrasive personality. 4 OC in 3 years and reportedly was hated By Tua and GM. That’s not exactly a formula I think makes sense for the Bears given that how Justin Fields is handled is the key to their future success. I doubt he is the guy. I really think Harbaugh is the best fit for the Bears but there are several other good candidates.

On the WBBM Newsradio 780 website, an article by Chris Emma (from The Score 670 AM) does list Fitz as a candidate. IMHO it is highly unlikely Fitz would actually be offered the job
Noteworthy that Emma used to cover Northwestern for one of the other fan sites, so it's natural that Fitz would be on his mind...not saying Fitz has been completely nixed from media conversation, but this time a year ago he would have been in every. single. article.

Reactions: corbi296
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT