ADVERTISEMENT

Next week decides it for me...

I may absolutely be 100% dead wrong about this, but given the landscape has changed and we have a new sheriff (Schill) in town, who might be feeling a little guilty about his own role in de-stabilizing the football program.

I would bet my life that Schill feels no guilt whatsoever about the carnage he caused at Northwestern..
He thinks he is saving Northwestern.
I'd bet my life on that too.

Calling Schill a sheriff is pretty funny though. I think of him as more of a deputy - in the Barney Fife mold.

Do you have any idea of how much money they get from the BIG? How will they be able to support the rest of the athletic programs.
Yes. And we should field a team seeking championships, not mediocracy. To do so requires an elite coaching staff. I’m not convinced Braun as HC achieves that.

Yes. And we should field a team seeking championships, not mediocracy. To do so requires an elite coaching staff. I’m not convinced Braun as HC achieves that.
Serious question for you Mr IGNORE2...

In which sport is it more difficult for Northwestern to win the Big Ten championship...

Football or Men's Basketball. Or are they equally challenging?

Serious question for you Mr IGNORE2...

In which sport is it more difficult for Northwestern to win the Big Ten championship...

Football or Men's Basketball. Or are they equally challenging?
MBB now because B1G plays two divisions in FB and west is the weaker of the two.

After that, will be hard to say but probably equal with the new teams coming in. Adding additional FB and MBB traditional powerhouses.

Keep in mind, the next step of progress I seek is over five years - one tourney, two more post season appearances and two misses. I’m not calling for conference championships anymore than I would call for final fours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT