ADVERTISEMENT

Nicholson

clarificationcat

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
I had a post earlier this year cricticizing our bigs’ rebounding. Matt was fantastic today. He kept their bigs off the offensive boards all game. And did a good job protecting the rim as well. Wish he would use both hands on offensive rebounds but just quibbling.

Yeah, Wahab was trying to get the refs involved a lot when Matt would just lock him out.

Reactions: drewjin
He completely bulldozed Wahab out of the paint on one rebound late in the second half with his butt. Moved him 8 feet.
One of my favorite plays of the game. It won’t show up on the highlights like his dunks, but it was just as important.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
He completely bulldozed Wahab out of the paint on one rebound late in the second half with his butt. Moved him 8 feet.
My love for Matt is well document and it greatly stems from the fact he is very physical. He came in last year and looked clumsy and all out there, but really ready to dish out some elbows and make others feel his presence.

Nicholson’s (and the Cats’) first basket of the game was a left handed baby hook/kind of layup from about four feet. I don’t recall him attempting, much less making a shot like that. Maybe he has been working on some low post moves, or maybe he just went with the moment?

Nicholson’s (and the Cats’) first basket of the game was a left handed baby hook/kind of layup from about four feet. I don’t recall him attempting, much less making a shot like that. Maybe he has been working on some low post moves, or maybe he just went with the moment?
I was shocked by that shot. But certainly it's what he needs to develop if he's going to improve

Learning from Nick Mart?

• Haha
Reactions: Hungry Jack
I've seen him try that once before a few games ago, but it didn't quite go in.

He is looking so much improved from earlier this season.
Let’s call it what it was/is. Big Matt was brutal to start the season. Fortunately, he has worked hard to turn it around. The last few games have been by far his best games this year. It’s a good time to be coming on. Everyone roots for the kid!

That was probably the last game of his career, and he was smiling when they were trying to throw it in with seven seconds left. So relaxed I guess. The Indiana guy he was bantering with was definitely NOT smiling.

Reactions: ballerog711
That was probably the last game of his career, and he was smiling when they were trying to throw it in with seven seconds left. So relaxed I guess. The Indiana guy he was bantering with was definitely NOT smiling.
What are you talking about? Last game of his career???

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT