ADVERTISEMENT

Not the only team that can't run it in

mesacat

May 29, 2001
Watching red zone all day and KC v ATL on Sunday night a whole lot of pro teams have had similar problems scoring on the ground from a couple of yards out. Most go pistol or shotgun as well

When I heard Porter was out before kickoff, I knew this wasn't going to end well, short of an amazing performance by Lausch which did not materialize (not surprising). That was the one loss I felt we couldn't afford because our offensive line doesn't create the kinds of holes a speed guy like Himon can squeeze through, we need a tough physical back to break tackles and move the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: hdhntr1
Watching red zone all day and KC v ATL on Sunday night a whole lot of pro teams have had similar problems scoring on the ground from a couple of yards out. Most go pistol or shotgun as well
The Falcons have a banged up offensive line and got stuffed trying to run the ball on 3rd and 4th down at the end of the game. They also failed to get the TD or 1st down conversion on their prior possession (should have kicked the field goal there!). I also noticed how quick Cousins was in getting off his passes, since he had defenders on top of him almost immediately. That's a lesson there for Lausch (and Caleb Williams).

It looks like I get to spend the next couple of weeks around here repeating that the pistol is a downhill, balanced running formation

Reactions: CatManTrue
When I heard Porter was out before kickoff, I knew this wasn't going to end well, short of an amazing performance by Lausch which did not materialize (not surprising). That was the one loss I felt we couldn't afford because our offensive line doesn't create the kinds of holes a speed guy like Himon can squeeze through, we need a tough physical back to break tackles and move the line of scrimmage.
I felt the same. Heard it and went Oh no

It looks like I get to spend the next couple of weeks around here repeating that the pistol is a downhill, balanced running formation
Lausch is not Kaepernick.

Does anyone else remember Brewfka versus Nevada in 2006?

Fitz got outfoxed there too. The Pistol would have been incredible instead of Mick McCall’s crap, but Fitz kept listening to his OCs instead of continuing to educate himself on offensive and defensive philosophies.

Braun is the right coach for us. He’ll probably get fired when the stadium opens and replaced by a “bigger name” to help sell seats.

I cannot wait to see @EvanstonCat’s reaction when one of Pat Ryan’s kids pays a fortune to hire Urban Meyer or Ryan Day after he is fired by OSU 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever you do, please tag me so I can repeat that Thorson converted around a hundred short-yardage situations from under center

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT