ADVERTISEMENT

NU Clothing

kreggk

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2005
Indy
I'm not sure if this is an actual question or just a gripe. Does anyone know why there aren't any NU shirts available that aren't XL and larger? I'm shopping for a simple N logo polo or 1/4 zip (or both) and banging my head against the wall. Everything is N-Cat or too large. Didn't we try to move away from the N-Cat logo? What gives?

I'm not sure if this is an actual question or just a gripe. Does anyone know why there aren't any NU shirts available that aren't XL and larger? I'm shopping for a simple N logo polo or 1/4 zip (or both) and banging my head against the wall. Everything is N-Cat or too large. Didn't we try to move away from the N-Cat logo? What gives?
Let's Tailgate is the Official Dealer of NU Gear

Reactions: Westlot
NU swag is generally pretty pathetic in comparison to other Big Ten Schools. My wife always has great MSU hoodies, t-shirts, shoes, automobile accessories, dog collars and clothes, glasses and mugs, etc....

NU swag is generally pretty pathetic in comparison to other Big Ten Schools. My wife always has great MSU hoodies, t-shirts, shoes, automobile accessories, dog collars and clothes, glasses and mugs, etc....
Couldn't agree more. Is it too much to ask to have a nice chrome N for the back of my car vs a thin window decal? Ugh.

Your point about MSU is spot-on.
Here and here. Well, and here also.

They're my go to. However, they're also down to nibs as far as sizes go.
Have you considered eating more pasta and drinking more beer?

(“Northwestern-specific sports fan gear”, sadly, is not a business model that drives a lot of competition, or profit, I presume. 🙁)

• Haha
Reactions: kreggk and Eurocat
Not to take away from our friends at LT, but Campus Gear on Sherman (and Locker Room on Central) has some stuff <XXL: CampusGear (1/2 and 3/4, both N and N-Cat)

Also, Fanatics has "taken over" store in Norris: NorrisLink

Guessing you've probably checked since these aren't exactly secret places....

Reactions: kreggk
Not to take away from our friends at LT, but Campus Gear on Sherman (and Locker Room on Central) has some stuff <XXL: CampusGear (1/2 and 3/4, both N and N-Cat)

Also, Fanatics has "taken over" store in Norris: NorrisLink

Guessing you've probably checked since these aren't exactly secret places....
Campus Gear and Becks are my go to places. My wife is particularly fond of Becks, and I've gotten quite a few things there myself.

Last time I was in LT, he said they are having major supply chain issues.

XL?
XXL?
We need to revert to the proper term. When I was a kid, I was husky.

Reactions: fcmchi
I am surprised Becks is still open. And what was the name of the place that would make course books of copies? That place has to be out of business with the internet and at home printing.

Becks might now be closed. It was on Clarke right around the corner from the Orrington Hotel. My wife and I were there last year when we were out for Homecoming. Too bad, they had great NU gear- not cheap but excellent quality.

I just bought an NU polo from Dick's for 11 bucks plus shipping. But - the people at Let's Tailgate are so nice, whereas the people where I bought are real Dicks

Reactions: WildcatWillie
Well, tri-blend is definitely the way to go with t-shirts, BUT . . . just personal taste, of course, but none of these designs speak to me a whole lot.

First Burger King and now Becks!! Sigh.....

And before that the Davis Street Fish Market and long before that there was a place near the Orrington Hotel that used to have cinnamon ice cream. Is Baskin Robbins still in Evanston?

N-Cat is dead by official dealers

Campus Gear & Locker Room are now same owner, since Campus Gear bought the Locker Room.

Let’s Tailgate is way to go

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT