ADVERTISEMENT

NU-Duke first-half thread

D is doing everything to keep the 'Cats in the game (that INT was huge in stopping at least 3 pts where a 10 pt lead would have been almost insurmountable the way the O has been doing).

OMG, a pass play on 1st down!

Duke is definitely winning the LoS.

Should Thorson be benched? He seems completely rattled. Only one bad decision, but a ton of horrible throws. No reason to think a backup would perform better, though.

If Thorson can't get the O m oving in the 1st couple of drives in the 2nd half, the coaching staff should seriously think of sticking in Oliver on the hopes of jump starting the passing game.

But regardless, the O-line needs to do a better job.

The 'Cats need to get a kicking game like that - that's something they should have over most other B1G teams.

57 yds of O for the 1st half.

Duke has stopped JJ, and after that, the NU O is pretty inept.

They are getting good penetration and getting off blocks, which has put Thorson in too many 3rd and long situations, where the pass rush has hurried Thorson and the receivers also not doing him any favors.

Both defensive lines are winning the trenches. We need to move the pocket and mix it up a little.

Looks like both of our defenses showed up, but I think we both sound just as frustrated about our offenses. If I see one more screen pass, I might break my TV.

Still, nice defense you got. Really disciplined.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT