ADVERTISEMENT

NU FB lawsuits

Nobody knows for sure including both of us. But you cannot say definitively that leadership in not investigating the players too.
True. But I am getting the sense that the admin thinks the problem went away when Fitz was fired. That seems to be the sentiment of many in this board.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
True. But I am getting the sense that the admin thinks the problem went away when Fitz was fired. That seems to be the sentiment of many in this board.
William_Holman_Hunt_-_The_Scapegoat.jpg

Well, I get a different sense. Which is why I believe we will see discovery happen in these hazing related cases. But, clearly there are advocates here to root out the players and you cannot stomp around yelling that ‘leadership’ is making no efforts as an investigation has been instituted.

Well, I get a different sense. Which is why I believe we will see discovery happen in these hazing related cases. But, clearly there are advocates here to root out the players and you cannot stomp around yelling that ‘leadership’ is making no efforts as an investigation has been instituted.
I am glad you put leadership in quotes. The attached announcement makes zero reference to holding anyone accountable. It’s a process review looking at culture. I will be surprised if this names names.

He could have used the opportunity to say people will be held to account. He did not. Hence my “yelling “ will continue.

Yes, it
I am glad you put leadership in quotes. The attached announcement makes zero reference to holding anyone accountable. It’s a process review looking at culture. I will be surprised if this names names.

He could have used the opportunity to say people will be held to account. He did not. Hence my “yelling “ will continue.

Yes. It is a “review” of an expansive nature which I fully expect to take just as much time as necessary for the many to forget about the issue and yield recommendations that span so many sports they taste like a cup of tea brewed with a four-times-used bag.

The only hope is that litigation or journalism reveals the truth. Shame that all the suits will be settled and that NU traded in its journalism program for integrated marketing studies.

• Sad

Ok. Quite frankly, I would love to move on from shill, Gagg and the entire BOT. That goes in addition to PF and a day of reckoning for all those involved - even if it is only public humiliation.

Ok. Quite frankly, I would love to move on from shill, Gagg and the entire BOT. That goes in addition to PF and a day of reckoning for all those involved - even if it is only public humiliation.
Something I agree with wholeheartedly

Looks like you might get your wish. Schill is being investigated by the house for his response to the protests. Testifying on 5/23. There are calls for his resignation. Good riddance.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Looks like you might get your wish. Schill is being investigated by the house for his response to the protests. Testifying on 5/23. There are calls for his resignation. Good riddance.
I got an e-mail from Schill this morning with his “logic” for his protest compromise. It read like a “Positively Schill” version of NU’s propaganda. Was going to post it but figured it would be capped. NU getting destroyed on local news this week. 3, 2, 1

I got an e-mail from Schill this morning with his “logic” for his protest compromise. It read like a “Positively Schill” version of NU’s propaganda. Was going to post it but figured it would be capped. NU getting destroyed on local news this week. 3, 2, 1
“Positively Schill”

That’s beautiful. And on target.

When I get emails from NU's Schill, I don't open them. And my daughter is graduating NU in a month.
If I am curious about whats going on, I just talk to my daughter. MUCH more accurate, without the bs.

(By the way, I did go by the protest at Deering with her and was somewhat surprised by the size, the noise and the tone. I was expecting some little symbolic thing... changed my perspective.)

Is this not perjury, what PWB said?
Just to clarify...

I didn't say NU would conspire with the plaintiffs to get them to perjure themselves.
I'm saying they will "in effect" be paying those plaintiffs to exaggerate their claims against Fitzgerald under oath.

NU wants players to testify against Fitzgerald. They actually need that. The more outrageous, the better. The plaintiffs attorneys (in the lawsuits against NU) will coach them in how to spin their claims without blatantly lying - because they want NU to settle with them (and pay them).

Q: Did you think Fitzgerald ordered the running?
A: Yeah, it seemed like it to me."

NU doesn't need to take any role in that. They can just let nature take its course, get the testimony under oath, settle with those plaintiffs for relatively small $$$ but lean heavily on their testimony in their big $$$ battle with Fitz.

A few people misunderstood what I wrote, I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT