ADVERTISEMENT

NU PTSD Syndrome

docrugby1

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2010
Having been tortured by NU's unbelievable end of game disasters in both football and basketball, I could not believe Langborg challenged the 3 point shooter on the last shot of a 4-point game. He played a great game , but now I need to buy a new remote for my TV. At least, I missed the TV but the fireplace was less forgiving.

Totally agree. I could not believe how close Langborg got to the shooter (and it looked like there may have been some contact).

Hopefully that's a teaching moment for Collins to review with the team. If we are up more than 3 with only a couple of seconds left in the game, we should not be within 5 feet of a shooter. I almost wonder if Langborg thought we were only up 3. Otherwise that is such an unwise and unnecessarily risky play and the only way to turn a 100% victory into OT.

Totally agree. I could not believe how close Langborg got to the shooter (and it looked like there may have been some contact).

Hopefully that's a teaching moment for Collins to review with the team. If we are up more than 3 with only a couple of seconds left in the game, we should not be within 5 feet of a shooter. I almost wonder if Langborg thought we were only up 3. Otherwise that is such an unwise and unnecessarily risky play and the only way to turn a 100% victory into OT.
Even up three that is a bad play

Illinois lost last night when they fouled a three-pointer shooter making a desperation heave, though that was a two-point game so that’s apples and oranges.

I just like saying “Illinois lost.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT