ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs. MSU first-half thread

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I'm watching this one from the couch today. Let's see if NU can continue its momentum and prolong the Spartans three-game losing streak.

MSU held a quarterback competition this week, but I'll be surprised if Tyler O'Connor isn't the starter.

So MSU comes out of the tunnel totally revved up and chanting some tribal thing and NU claps a little.

Din't seem like they were even interested in playing.

I'm watching this one from the couch today. Let's see if NU can continue its momentum and prolong the Spartans three-game losing streak.

MSU held a quarterback competition this week, but I'll be surprised if Tyler O'Connor isn't the starter.

Well, I'm surprised. It's redshirt freshman Brian Lewerke.

Surprise - O'Connor isn't starting, the freshman is. O'Connor is from my hometown Lima, Ohio but he hasn't moved the Spartan offense this year so not surprised with the switch at qb.

I'm still waiting for Niswander to hit a big punt in the clutch.

Lou you need to talk to the guys at Rivals about hosting chat rooms during the games.

No pressure whatsoever on the freshman QB. Way to build up his confidence. Why Fitz Why?

Watching the game at a Sparty bar 7 miles off the Strip in Vegas. That first "drive" was quite predictable.

I think we lost this game coming out of the tunnel. NU looked disinterested compared to MSU.

Reactions: nycat33
What the F was he looking at? The DB was just sitting there.

You can't throw a floater to the outside and expect good things to happen. I HATE the 35 yard out route pass that has the maximum potential of a 5 yard gain. Too much can go wrong.

Just a horrible pre-snap and post-snap read by Clayton.

Vault is soft. Goes down right away with no YAC on the WR screens and coughs up the ball as soon as he is hit on downfield passes.

Thorson had a WR wiiiide open over the middle on that 2nd down play before the "fumble"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT