ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs Sacred Heart (1st half thread)

started off great, then went cold. BMac had like 5 shots go in and out in the first half. Skelly has a few turnovers on passes to Pardon down low. Sacred Heart had a decent zone defense which closed quickly. Sacred Heart briefly took the lead, then the Cats took over. Skelly had a couple of 3s and looked good once he stopped trying to do too much.

I think the team tries to do too much at times. Last year we were very efficient. This year we've had more turnovers which I attribute to trying to thread the needle to much.

If Bmacs in and out shots went in we would have been up 25 at half.

Isiah Brown played better tonight. Had a couple good drives, took a couple charges, had a steal and some assists. Anthony Gaines had some good drives and played some good defense.

We are playing solid! Skelly needs to quit The turnovers

I was at game tonite- Why does Skelly insist on passing to the other team's players and out of bounds? Too many tovers to equate to wins against tough foes. Sacred H snuck around and made our D look quite bad at times! I was worried when I saw Law I think go down hard and struggle to get up/but didn't come out of game! Getting to/out of AA is easier than WRarena by far! It also only takes me 7 minutes to get there without traffic around. The hs band was actually decent enough. Question: Who gets to sit in the cocktail table area with the snazzy chairs where the lockerrooms are? Not us- that is for sure? The arena wasn't even 10%full. Sad. Thought more fans would be there.

I was at game tonite- Why does Skelly insist on passing to the other team's players and out of bounds? Too many tovers to equate to wins against tough foes. Sacred H snuck around and made our D look quite bad at times! I was worried when I saw Law I think go down hard and struggle to get up/but didn't come out of game! Getting to/out of AA is easier than WRarena by far! It also only takes me 7 minutes to get there without traffic around. The hs band was actually decent enough. Question: Who gets to sit in the cocktail table area with the snazzy chairs where the lockerrooms are? Not us- that is for sure? The arena wasn't even 10%full. Sad. Thought more fans would be there.

10% full? The crowd wasn’t much lower than Creighton. Was pleasantly surprised by attendance. Thinking 6-7000. Saw Wilbon and Greeny courtside.

Definitely more than 10% full. When I went on Stubhub at 3pm there were no tickets available in the 4 main sections on the lower level. Even the corner sections were pretty full. I would say 30-40% full.

After being at Allstate Arena, I appreciate WR even more. Seats seemed much closer at WR. Acoustics are awful at AA. It was hard to hear what was being said. It was loud enough, it just wasn't clear.

Easier getting there than WR. We live north and it took us 25 mins. WR is 40 mins because of local streets.

Getting out was very easy if you make the illegal left turn out of the stadium.

officially Creighton had 6384 in attendance and Sacred Heart game had 5218. So 6 percent of capacity less. Or 20% less of Creighton's attendance.

All I know is that when I got tickets, supposedly all the rows ahead of mine were already purchased. Well, there must have been a whole heck of a lot of no-shows for the game/because there about 80% empty seats in front of us and more behind us! The seats behind the baskets were empty other than the leisure/cabana chairs/and the band! I saw Greenie in the front row along the courtside too! Good to see him there! Malnati seemed to have a lot of fans in the stands too- when he came into the game during scrubs time, the crowd behind the NU bench went wild!!

Glad you guys were there to support the team. Thank you!

Those raving about how easy it is to get out of the parking lots will be changing their tunes if and when there are actual large crowds in the building. I've sat in those lots for 30-45 minutes waiting to get out of concerts.

Those raving about how easy it is to get out of the parking lots will be changing their tunes if and when there are actual large crowds in the building. I've sat in those lots for 30-45 minutes waiting to get out of concerts.

The only time I've spent that much time in the parking lot was my frosh year at NU/1988. I went with some friends to see the Grateful Dead three times in a week. On the third time out, we hung out and watched a couple fornicate in the parking spot next to ours- really psychadelic to say the least. I went to the flea market there a couple times too and spent about two hours putzing around the vendors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT