ADVERTISEMENT

Official NU-Illinois State firsth-half thread

Great question about the offensive play calling. Thorson is clearly off. What do we do? Pass more.

What game are you watching? Clayton has been on the money when he has time. When you have 3 guys coming through on a jail break right up the middle of the line it's pretty hard to step into your throws. Better to throw it 10 rows up in the stands and kick the field goal than throw an interception trying to make play when you are getting decked. Just like last week, we are losing the battle on both lines of scrimmage.

Reactions: Dugan15
I bet this place empties out at halftime. I hear LOTS of people talking about leaving.

Last edited:
Reactions: phatcat
Like the receiving corps this year. Carr nagle and skowronek just wish our qb was better. Ready for aiden smith or TJ green!!

Time to turn the game off for awhile. F*&$cking nauseating.

He does not look good in person. He looks slow like last year. And the point stands regardless of why the pass game isn't working: why keep passing of its not working - regardless of the reason?

What game are you watching? Clayton has been on the money when he has time. When you have 3 guys coming through on a jail break right up the middle of the line it's pretty hard to step into your throws. Better to throw it 10 rows up in the stands and kick the field goal than throw an interception trying to make play when you are getting decked. Just like last week, we are losing the battle on both lines of scrimmage.

He's 9 for 19. That's under 50 percent

He's 9 for 19. That's under 50 percent
Watch the game, don't tell me the stats. I remember at least 3 dropped passes and 3 passes where he threw the ball away because he had no time. Did you clowns see the throw right before half that was called back because of a hold? That was a 25 yard rope right on the money. What about the 4th down throw to Carr. Big time NFL throws. Don't tell me Clayton is playing poorly. I wish the rest of the team was playing as "poorly" as Thorson. What a joke!

Reactions: bjm989
Here's a question if a big ten team gets beat by a Mac team and a fcs team in back to back weeks. Should a coach be fired??

Reactions: Fitz51
Watch the game, don't tell me the stats. I remember at least 3 dropped passes and 3 passes where he threw the ball away because he had no time. Did you clowns see the throw right before half that was called back because of a hold? That was a 25 yard rope right on the money. What about the 4th down throw to Carr. Big time NFL throws. Don't tell me Clayton is playing poorly. I wish the rest of the team was playing as "poorly" as Thorson. What a joke!

Let's hope in a few years we don't have to return to review these threads for a "Why wasn't NU better during the Clayton era" debate when Thorson is starting in the NFL. (Meaning we don't continue to play like we have the last 30 mins)

Dude I get it you think he's good some of us don't, it's ok we all can have our opinions!
Funny how T S used to get bashed on this board even though his receivers SUCKED and oline was brutal but it was always his fault Now that the golden boy is qb it's everyone else's fault.

By the way there has been 1 drop today not 3

Reactions: Fitz51
Good gut check game! ISU is playing well. Will NU get tired of going through the motions and start playing football?

Terrible throw? That was a pretty good throw on the run with a defender breathing down his back. The receiver played that ball terribly. He stopped running and turned his back completely to the end zone. Awful fundamentals. That should have been a TD.

Our OL looks like a HS OL and our punter has returned to form. When are our position coaches going to be held accountable for the results on the field?
Haven't seen Thorson throw once without a defender about to kill him.

Funny how T S used to get bashed on this board even though his receivers SUCKED and oline was brutal but it was always his fault Now that the golden boy is qb it's everyone else's fault.

His judgment was suspect at NU and it's still suspect. Let's hope he fixes this problem or Lynch will finish the season.

Good gut check game! ISU is playing well. Will NU get tired of going through the motions and start playing football?

Just don't know glade losing Lowery and vanhoose has really hurt this d. And walker just isn't playing like last year and the offense just isn't good enough
hopefully not but mabey this is just the northwestern team we r gonna get this year

Amen, Corbi!

His judgment was suspect at NU and it's still suspect. Let's hope he fixes this problem or Lynch will finish the season.

Nah Kubes really likes him I think lynch is getting a learning year, he made couple mistakes Thursday but for the most part played real well.

Nah Kubes really likes him I think lynch is getting a learning year, he made couple mistakes Thursday but for the most part played real well.

This thread has gotten too long and unwieldy (and that's a good thing), so I started a second half thread. Look for it and comment there for the second half.

He's tossed how many picks so far in preseason and Thursday night? Four? I hope he can get this under control.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT