ADVERTISEMENT

Oh Man

double doink.

I have to vomit now.
That Bears kicker is the new Bartman.

If I were his friend, I’d advise he leave Cook County right away for his own safety. I hear South America is nice this time of year...

Iggles! Why do they have two starting QBs, anyway?

NFC East best conference. Go Cowboys!

Cowboys? Never has so much been made of a team that hasn't done crap for years.
I'm just cheering on my team, just like you lot. Right, the Bears have been to two NFC Championships (both under the unfairly maligned Lovie) and played in a Super Bowl (also Lovie) since the Cowboys last played in either. And yet here you are hating on the Cowboys. We're practically the underdogs now, so why all the hate?

I'm just cheering on my team, just like you lot. Right, the Bears have been to two NFC Championships (both under the unfairly maligned Lovie) and played in a Super Bowl (also Lovie) since the Cowboys last played in either. And yet here you are hating on the Cowboys. We're practically the underdogs now, so why all the hate?

Because Cowboys. Don't need a reason to hate them. ;)

This one is on the defense,,,,,,Had the lead,,,,Had the Eagles back on the 18......one stop woulda done it......Also the drive that had the stupid rounging penalty and pass interference,

This one is on the defense,,,,,,Had the lead,,,,Had the Eagles back on the 18......one stop woulda done it......Also the drive that had the stupid rounging penalty and pass interference,
There was a bad punt in there, too, giving the Eagles a short field on their last drive.

Reactions: SchizoCat1

Couldn't disagree more. If your defense gives up 16 points in an NFL game you should win the game. The defense did not play its best game of the year but they did more than enough to win this game, especially considering they played the entire game without perhaps the best safety in the NFL, Eddie Jackson.

Because of all the "America's Team" (they're not) nonsense, their moronic owner and obnoxious fans who act as if they're some kind of superior team. As you point out, even the Bears have done more than the Cowboys recently, and it's not as if the Bears have been all that great most of the time.

Yea, it's on the defense...

Or, you know, the "kicker" that had an opportunity to win the game with a relatively easy kick? The same kicker who missed the second-most kicks in the NFL this season?

If you want to blame someone other than Parkey, blame Pace. He's the guy who let Gould walk, and he's the guy who kept Parkey even after he shanked 4 kicks into the uprights in a single game. This team had one glaring weakness, and management refused to address it. It came back to bite 'em right on the keister.

Defense had a chance to win the game first.......

Not. If we are going to play that game, the offense, defense and special teams each had a chance to make one more play at various points throughout the game that would have altered the outcome. The defense did enough to win. The offensive play calling was too conservative going up against an Eagles secondary that was decimated by injury and of course our special teams were brutal when they mattered most.

Last edited:
Got to agree with corbi here. Bears were in position to win the game with the field goal, just didn't get it done.

Sure can't tell the ball was tipped from that video. No apparent change in rotation or trajectory of the ball. Doesn't really matter though. The special teams units choked in the clutch late. O'Donnell's last punt was also brutal and contributed to the final TD drive by the Eagles.

Devastating loss for the Bears. It should've never come down to a FG at the end. Terrible game plan on offense. Why so few touches for Howard and Cohen?

I was at the game and can tell you that they missed Trey Burton terribly. Without Burton as an alternative in the short yardage passing game, the Eagles Linebackers keyed heavily on Cohen. That being said, I thought the true opportunity was to stretch the field vertically with our WRs and test this banged up Eagles secondary. The CBs were playing tight and jumping the short routes, which resulted in several tipped passes and near interceptions early. The Bears adjusted in the second half and hit several long passes on double moves but it was too little too late. Nagy has some explaining to do. Really excited with the growth Trubisjy showed late this year. He did everything he needed to do to win this game but unfortunately the kicker did not do his job.

Eagle player got his hand on the ball per ESPN. Saw the video, looks like he hit it. Can't blame the kicker.

Certainly can’t blame the sub 80% kicker.

It’s not like he hit the upright on five seperate occasions prior to this game...

I miss Robbie.

I was at the game and can tell you that they missed Trey Burton terribly. Without Burton as an alternative in the short yardage passing game, the Eagles Linebackers keyed heavily on Cohen...The Bears adjusted in the second half and hit several long passes on double moves but it was too little too late...

Generally, agree. I felt the staff did a good job using Tarik as a decoy in the 2nd half.

Those flare/screens/wheels Cohen ran (the same ones that torched Detriot and the Giants) set up the double moves quite well.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Especially tough as McMannis is the one that got beat on the winning TD for Philly. On the other hand, if that kicker could have made the FG, then McMannis might have been the hero since he's the one who knocked the ball loose when the Eagle RB tried to stretch for the goal line on the 2-point conversion keeping it a one-point game.

I blame Fangio and the “Prevent Defense” on the last drive. If your base defense is performing for 55 minutes. It should be adequate for the last 5.

I blame Fangio and the “Prevent Defense” on the last drive. If your base defense is performing for 55 minutes. It should be adequate for the last 5.

There was no prevent defense on the last drive. The Bears played in their base nickel defense, with McManis as the 5th DB, on that last drive and for about 70% of the entire game.

Lets throw into this that they had to take 3 field goals.....any of those that would have been TDs.....we win as well.......So enough blame to go around...I really enjoyed the season....was a great story with an eventful ending......lots of likeable players on the team,,,,,a developing qb.....fantastic, entertaining defense,,,,,young creative personable coach..actually got my Bears hat out of the closet this year...I am choosing not to blame the smallest guy on the football field for the loss.......thought Sherrik played a great game overall...unfortunate his number was up on the last play....overall he came in and did the job the last few games when called on.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
Eagles are my team, even over the Packers. It is heartwarming to see the Bears come through once in a while, though.

Reactions: PaCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT