ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Mike

IGNORE2

Mar 12, 2005
What’s it going to be? I assume that I will need to start a new account.

Waiting to hear from Lou that it is OK. Fitzphile can clarify, but I think he kept his account and only his screenname was changed for that account.

I renew my vote for SassyPants

Or

SassyPantsCat if you want to make it more Northwestern.

I renew my vote for SassyPants

Or

SassyPantsCat if you want to make it more Northwestern.
How about xxjfgxx or whatever that other guy was? We all confused the two of them anyway.

Others:
Board rules guru
Too busy traveling to follow the Cats
Mick McCall for President
EIU fan club chairman
6-5-3-3-1- whatever. Nah that's taken

i barely come on this site anymore because of GCG and Mikewebb who harass anyone who questions a few things. I have found that the Northwestern Wildcat Football and Basketball F acebook group has more lively discussion and comments aren't deleted when a sensitive bully like Webb or another poster gets offended or hurt over the silliest things. Over there, they can talk about Cushing or McCall.

No damage control peeps over there. Just real discussions with real adults.

Reactions: IGNORE2
i barely come on this site anymore because of GCG and Mikewebb who harass anyone who questions a few things. I have found that the Northwestern Wildcat Football and Basketball F acebook group has more lively discussion and comments aren't deleted when a sensitive bully like Webb or another poster gets offended or hurt over the silliest things. Over there, they can talk about Cushing or McCall.

I only see like 122 members and next to no discussion. What am I Missing?

You are a good sport!

And the nice thing is that as you accept your new screen name you (and all of us) can remain basking in the glow of that great win!

The tiny silver lining is that all that have me on ignore will enjoy me again for awhile - until someone tells them that IGNORE can be the only friend that they probably have :p

Never thought of looking over there. Hmmmmm.......

If you find it let me know. All I could find was a picture of Turk’s mug.

He tried this before, turning his back on Rivals, crapping on posters here, and trying to start his own turkdom over on Scout. That was hilarious. A deafening indifference and a few Gladesbombs later, he limped back here.

Reactions: mikewebb68
I still say his new handle should be BigTimeBoosterCat.

After all, the Athletic Deparment’s budget would be wiped out if he stopped donating money, per some of his past posts... surely he upped his donation with a B1G Championship appearance and a Holiday Bowl victory, right?

Reactions: phatcat
He tried this before, turning his back on Rivals, crapping on posters here, and trying to start his own turkdom over on Scout. That was hilarious. A deafening indifference and a few Gladesbombs later, he limped back here.
Honestly, I can’t find any stimulating on-going discussion on either NU football or basketball within FB. Might be looking in the wrong place, but with some of the sleuth’s on this board looking for scraps of NU info, I would think it would be commonly known.

After the Akron game, Xbob wagerefd me screennames tthat the Cats would not win 5 games or more....

LOL. I think the harshness of the screen name should reflect how far off base he really was. I would suggest IDon’tknowSh$tAboutFootball Cat. Is that too long?

Reactions: phatcat
Honestly, I can’t find any stimulating on-going discussion on either NU football or basketball within FB. Might be looking in the wrong place, but with some of the sleuth’s on this board looking for scraps of NU info, I would think it would be commonly known.
damn, I'm glad have resolved never to bet on Cats games, I would have lost that one too.

Last time I was tempted was 2014 when we had a fairly tight point spread going into PSU, and I was sure we would get destroyed. Of course, we beat them like we caught em stealing chickens.

I could see us beating dOSU and then losing to UMASS. Seriously

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2
I still say his new handle should be BigTimeBoosterCat.

After all, the Athletic Deparment’s budget would be wiped out if he stopped donating money, per some of his past posts... surely he upped his donation with a B1G Championship appearance and a Holiday Bowl victory, right?

Please cite one post of mine illustrating your point. I’ll make another wager on it. Otherwise, more #fakenews trying to turn perception to reality.

Mike, what gets me is that I often offer to wager against the masses on this board. This very bet was one such example. Yet all the chicken shits that now can’t wait to bask in your glory we’re tucking tail back then.

You won, your choice and your process to reach that point, but I can’t help but wonder how these entitled thumb suckers run scared from the same wager and can’t wait to utilize your winnings.

Guess it’s part of that participation trophy thing that I don’t get.

The tiny silver lining is that all that have me on ignore will enjoy me again for awhile - until someone tells them that IGNORE can be the only friend that they probably have :p

Give them hell Bob!

I'm probably the only person here who has mikewebb on ignore and not you.

Thanks villox. Gloating Bob in his purple-hating glory was actually the one who threw down the gauntlet first. Mike, is the contest officially started?

To take a page from Mike's book, who wants to wager screen names on the Michigan game? How about playing the over on 4 wins for the season? We are not even talking your hard earned money, just a silly message Board screen name. If you truly believe things are not in bad shape, the coaching on O is not pathetic, that this team is still in contention to make another bowl appearance - make me a wager. So many of you want to never see xyzbobxyz on the message board and refuse to use ignore - here is your solution. Bet it away from me ;)

Here is the original post, for reference on how the discussion came about.

https://northwestern.forums.rivals....e-not-in-disaster-mode-yet.40018/#post-551187
Mike, what gets me is that I often offer to wager against the masses on this board. This very bet was one such example. Yet all the chicken shits that now can’t wait to bask in your glory we’re tucking tail back then.

You won, your choice and your process to reach that point, but I can’t help but wonder how these entitled thumb suckers run scared from the same wager and can’t wait to utilize your winnings.

I think I said something to the effect of "if I knew you I would bet real money on it for sure" and we agreed on a gentleman's bet.

Reactions: IGNORE2
If nothing else, Bob is a good sport.

Bob, stop the whining please! You're making me look bad for calling you a good sport.

Being upset by a OOC loss or two and still recognizing all reasonable preseason goals are still in reach is not crazy talk.

Going back in that original thread, I was shocked to see that a voice of reason amidst all the weeping and gnashing of teeth was ... a Michigan fan! What's next, pigs sprouting wings to fly?

Reactions: mikewebb68
Keep the screenname suggestions coming! I will combine with the prior thread to make a master list.

And thanks again to Xbob and Fitzphile before him for honoring their wagers and being good sports!

Okay, here are a couple of suggestions for a new screen name for Bob:

PurpleKoolaidBob
or simply, KoolaidBob

I think it's only fitting that all his rants against the imaginary Purple Koolaid Klique becomes a badge that he has to wear. Who knows, he may someday become a true Purple Koolaid drinker himself.

Reactions: StreamCat
Okay, here are a couple of suggestions for a new screen name for Bob:

PurpleKoolaidBob
or simply, KoolaidBob

I think it's only fitting that all his rants against the imaginary Purple Koolaid Klique becomes a badge that he has to wear. Who knows, he may someday become a true Purple Koolaid drinker himself.
I think we have a frontrunner!

Reactions: DaCat
Keep the screenname suggestions coming! I will combine with the prior thread to make a master list.

And thanks again to Xbob and Fitzphile before him for honoring their wagers and being good sports!

CluelessCAT. A PG version of my earlier suggestion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT