ADVERTISEMENT

Only one Team came to play

You should look it up and see but even if it holds true,
I don't have to try to prove YOUR point...you are the one trying to advance some type of "theory" (that NU is affected more than others by playing a team with a "new system"). If you cannot find data to prove your theory we should go on the assumption that it is certainly an unproven theory.

I can however help you out by providing you some relevant data. In recent years about 1/5 of FBS teams change HC per season. But many others change coordinators (the coordinator may have moved on to a more attractive job, or the HC may have made the change)...the result in terms of schematics may be the same as a HC change, since a new coordinator would almost certainly install a new "system"...And even if that only affects one side of the field, it presumably may also create a big problem to NU...finally the coaching staff may just install a new system (even with no significant staff changes...see how the spread was installed at NU)...putting together all cases (new HC, same HC with new coordinator(s), same staff but still major system change), "new system" may cover a pretty high percentage of FBS teams, say 50-60%.

If for NU playing early in the season against a team with a new system is a problem there should be plenty of data points to show it. Go and find them!

If you did not see Flynn play in the second half, you must be blind. Exhibit A: guess who was targeted twice in a row in the end zone on our FG drive?
Guess so but still a whole lot of people in our section were wondering the same. Guess they are all blind as well.

I respond to Willycat because I don't believe he is actually trolling; he is quite the legit fan but just has the Debby Downer perspective on most everything for some reason. Feli is a terrible troll to whom I stopped responding some time ago.
Thanks for the compliment. Just stating facts and asking a question or two. Thought a little give a take is what this board is all about.

Guess so but still a whole lot of people in our section were wondering the same. Guess they are all blind as well.

He was extremely easy to spot, The two TD passes went right through his hands, though the second catch was much tougher than the first.

I don't have to try to prove YOUR point...you are the one trying to advance some type of "theory" (that NU is affected more than others by playing a team with a "new system"). If you cannot find data to prove your theory we should go on the assumption that it is certainly an unproven theory.

I can however help you out by providing you some relevant data. In recent years about 1/5 of FBS teams change HC per season. But many others change coordinators (the coordinator may have moved on to a more attractive job, or the HC may have made the change)...the result in terms of schematics may be the same as a HC change, since a new coordinator would almost certainly install a new "system"...And even if that only affects one side of the field, it presumably may also create a big problem to NU...finally the coaching staff may just install a new system (even with no significant staff changes...see how the spread was installed at NU)...putting together all cases (new HC, same HC with new coordinator(s), same staff but still major system change), "new system" may cover a pretty high percentage of FBS teams, say 50-60%.

If for NU playing early in the season against a team with a new system is a problem there should be plenty of data points to show it. Go and find them!
I have no idea how to find such data points but I've been pretty lucky following my unproven theories in life. Perhaps is makes me lazy but I'm pretty much retired now so I'm busy here on the message board.

Regardless of the final outcome, another example of a poorly prepared team, lack of energy, and poor play calling. Sounds like a broken record.
Did you see the stats and read the final score? Bad first half in terms of scoring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT