ADVERTISEMENT

Great game by NU today.

4IUSox2

Feb 5, 2003
Totally locked in to play at AH, especially on D. And without Berry and Buie and Barnhizer not doing much.

Meanwhile, Hoping today’s “effort” by IU will be enough to convince folks at the top it’s time for Woody to go. Best NIL in the league, three 5*’s (Ware, Reneau, Mgbako) and they continue to look like they’ve not been coached at all. Zero improvement as a team. Individually, all good players. As a unit, a disaster!!

As for lack of hustle, lack of effort and every team IU plays going off from 3-point land, at least that’s been a constant all year. TIC.

Totally locked in to play at AH, especially on D. And without Berry and Buie and Barnhizer not doing much.

Meanwhile, Hoping today’s “effort” by IU will be enough to convince folks at the top it’s time for Woody to go. Best NIL in the league, three 5*’s (Ware, Reneau, Mgbako) and they continue to look like they’ve not been coached at all. Zero improvement as a team. Individually, all good players. As a unit, a disaster!!

As for lack of hustle, lack of effort and every team IU plays going off from 3-point land, at least that’s been a constant all year. TIC.
Did I hear correctly on the broadcast that NU is the only team in the conference that Woodson hasn't beaten?

I was there with my son and grandson who is a freshman at IU but roots for NU. Very little purple in the crowd. Remarkable first half up 8 with Boo and Barnie on the bench for most of the half. Langborn was on fire, Nicholson played his best game of the year when we needed him and Martinelli was solid. NU always makes it interesting at the end. We held on to break the road losing streak. Great team win! Let’s keep it going against Michigan on Thursday.

Did I hear correctly on the broadcast that NU is the only team in the conference that Woodson hasn't beaten?
I had turned off by the 8 minute TO to go cool off with a dog walk, but believe Woody is now 0-4 vs NU.

He’s been okay vs historic rivals PU, UM, Illinois and horrible vs NU, PSU, Rutgers and Iowa.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin

Why do you think there’s not more pressure on heating up his seat?

Yup, they said it a few times. Pretty amazing.

It’s tough to believe that there’s so much talent here. He was a weird hire as a mostly NBA guy, but apparently the potential as measured by stars is there.

There’s nothing on that IU roster that scares me, as an NU fan. (My frame of reference is today only.)

Also, I couldn’t see any jersey numbers (baaaaad jerseys) and I wasn’t watching sooo closely, so I couldn’t figure out who was who. But they were all just Joe Ballplayer, except for Tall Joe Ballplayer Who Swats It Sometimes.

I wish I felt worse for you. You’re often a good contributor here.

20 years of 1-and-dones, and recruiting five stars is a tough strategy unless you can get multiples annually. And with the transfer portal, it’s easier than ever to plug holes with guys who have already demonstrated success.

I was shocked to learn a few weeks ago that OG Anumoby (sp?) was an IU guy. I had no recollection. High recruit, one-and-done, “fine” in a year at IU, and now a budding NBA star.

Why do you think there’s not more pressure on heating up his seat?
Only year 3. An alum, who had a great career at IU. Believe me, it pains me to see it for him, as he was one of my all-time favorites as a kid AND for me to say this, it’s been a train wreck this year.

Little did anyone realize, just how much TJD and Race meant from a leadership standpoint. Talent-wise, Losing JHS to the NBA after just one year certainly hurt, but keeping XJ around another year, as injured as he’s been and not a good leader, has been a mixed (mostly bad) bag.

Finally, I believe a $10-$12 million buyout. Donors just paid Tom Allen $15 million to go away in November and Archie walked off with $10 million also less than 3 years ago.

Yup, they said it a few times. Pretty amazing.

It’s tough to believe that there’s so much talent here. He was a weird hire as a mostly NBA guy, but apparently the potential as measured by stars is there.

There’s nothing on that IU roster that scares me, as an NU fan. (My frame of reference is today only.)

Also, I couldn’t see any jersey numbers (baaaaad jerseys) and I wasn’t watching sooo closely, so I couldn’t figure out who was who. But they were all just Joe Ballplayer, except for Tall Joe Ballplayer Who Swats It Sometimes.

I wish I felt worse for you. You’re often a good contributor here.

20 years of 1-and-dones, and recruiting five stars is a tough strategy unless you can get multiples annually. And with the transfer portal, it’s easier than ever to plug holes with guys who have already demonstrated success.

I was shocked to learn a few weeks ago that OG Anumoby (sp?) was an IU guy. I had no recollection. High recruit, one-and-done, “fine” in a year at IU, and now a budding NBA star.
Thanks.

OG was actually a 2-year guy at iu, but totally under the radar guy that Crean brought, who totally blew up in the same year as Juwan Morgan, who was also under the radar. OG got hurt mid-Soph year at PSU and showed well enough at the draft camp to go in first round. He was not a huge scorer at iu, but a demon defensively and on the glass. The rare guy who can really guard all 5 spots.

Woody has to go, but I sure hope he doesn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT