ADVERTISEMENT

Open the Lots!

Craziest pregame atmosphere I’ve ever seen. I had no trouble getting into the east lot at 2:45 with no wait but I’ve got a secret access route that I’m not telling you about. It was the ticketless fans that made a huge difference. It truly was an event for the ND subway alums who haven’t seen their team up this way in 42 years. When “everyone” descends on a small property in a residential community, you’re gonna have gridlock. As for the stadium, yes the bathrooms etc were the usual shitshow, no pun intended, but that’s just the nature of the layout until the concourses get redone. By the way I was pleasantly surprised by the percentage of NU fans there. I’d say 75-25. Bigger NU showing than Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin games.

I also think last night was the worse situation I had ever seen and I've been going for 40 years.
I don't expect expensive alterations for a few days a year but the organization is amateur. A few simple things like Evanston cops actually having a clue would help.
There needs to be a few limited but mass crossings sites along Ashland. At any Chicago event police hold the crowd and then let a couple of hundred cross at once, not stop traffic so three people can cross.
Have they ever considered having Central and Lincoln one way in opposite directions during game time?
My favorite though was at the washroom lines. Of course the line was well across the concessions area so what did they do? Asked a few hundred guys to abandon the line they had been in and cross over to the opposite stadium entrance side to form new lines. I thought they were going to kill the poor schmuck who was trying to accomplish this by himself. Needless to say nobody moved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT