ADVERTISEMENT

opponents' depth charts

Aging Booster

Apr 10, 2014
Slow day - I took the time to check out the depth charts of our major rivals in the west. I am struck by Wisconsin's youth. I do not see a single senior in the Badgers' two-deep. I know they lost a lot this year and that a new coach may want to play his own guys; but still, one would think either a few Sr. or a RS Sr. would be somewhere in the two deep. Are the young guys that good, or did the Badgers skip a year in recruiting with all of the coaching changes? On the other hand, Iowa and Nebraska are very experienced clubs this year.

Reactions: loyolacat
Most of the time I think having a big group of Seniors is a good sign so perhaps Bucky will not be it's normal self this year. I do think the coaching turnover has hurt them a bit. They may see a dip for a couple of years. One can only hope. It would be nice to stay on top of them for a while as the series has been pretty even over the last 5 or 10 years. I would always be proud to have a winning record against them over a10 or 15 year period.
GoCats!!

Most of the time I think having a big group of Seniors is a good sign so perhaps Bucky will not be it's normal self this year. I do think the coaching turnover has hurt them a bit. They may see a dip for a couple of years. One can only hope. It would be nice to stay on top of them for a while as the series has been pretty even over the last 5 or 10 years. I would always be proud to have a winning record against them over a10 or 15 year period.
GoCats!!

Check the past 10-15 years.

Don't bother Deering. Cats are 13-12 vs the Badgers since 1985. And 8-7 since 1995 ... thanks to beating Bucky the last 2 years we have a consistent winning record vs. UW over the past 30+ years.

GOUNUII

Don't bother Deering. Cats are 13-12 vs the Badgers since 1985. And 8-7 since 1995 ... thanks to beating Bucky the last 2 years we have a consistent winning record vs. UW over the past 30+ years.

GOUNUII
Lets look forward to being 10-7 and beyond. I really do believe that the Cats are making steady improvements over the past 20 years. No longer the bottom feeder we were pre 1985, we have not yet emerged out of the middle of the pack with any consistency. To be considered a true member of the top tier B1G teams we have to displace some programs like Wisconsin.

Will be interesting to see how Wisconsin's defense performs this year with Aranda gone. Last year, their top-ranked defense helped make up for their shortcomings on offense (sound familiar?). Losing him could be a big hit for the Badgers going forward.

Lets look forward to being 10-7 and beyond. I really do believe that the Cats are making steady improvements over the past 20 years. No longer the bottom feeder we were pre 1985, we have not yet emerged out of the middle of the pack with any consistency. To be considered a true member of the top tier B1G teams we have to displace some programs like Wisconsin.

Well, we were the bottom feeder in 1985 indeed, but Wisconsin wasn't much better until the years shortly before our own emergence. There's a reason we enjoy parity with Wisconsin over the last 30 years. Because they sucked too when we were in the Dark Ages.

Wisconsin really sagged shortly after their team played a memorable 1963 Rose Bowl game that they narrowly lost 42-37 after trailing 42-14 going into the fourth quarter. They had trounced an injury-riddled NU team (which had been No. 1 until that point) earlier in the season. It wasn't really until the Alvarez years that Wisconsin could be called a B1G power again. I remember watching Mike Adamle set the NU single-game rushing record against them in '69.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT