ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Caitlin Clark first WNBA rookie ever to record a triple double

Another game yesterday and another donut in the points column for DT. She did put up stats though, a rebound to go with a turnover and two fouls.

Now shooting 16.6% from the field and 11.1% from 3pt in the 2024 Olympics leading to her 1 pt/g scoring average. On track to put up more fouls(8) than points(5), rebounds(4), or assists(6) with one game to go.

Embarrassing. Women’s basketball is a major snooze-fest without CC.

Last edited:
Are you implying that she should have won a national championship with that Iowa team? They were a below average B1G team and she led them to two national championship games. Just unreal.

Basically, tell me you’re jealous without saying you’re jealous. 🤣

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Taurasi was a starter until the gold medal game. For the last game, she was a DNP (coaches decision) in the 1-point victory. Only USA player to not participate in the gold medal game. I expect her attitude toward Clark and a few other players not in the “in” club to change drastically after this.

Her Per Game 2024 Olympic Stats
Rebounds 1.0
Assists: 0.7
Turnovers: 0.3
FG %: 16.7%
Steals: 0.00
Blocks: 0.00
Free Throw%: 0.00
3 PT%: 0.00

Taurasi was a starter until the gold medal game. For the last game, she was a DNP (coaches decision) in the 1-point victory. Only USA player to not participate in the gold medal game. I expect her attitude toward Clark and a few other players not in the “in” club to change drastically after this.

Her Per Game 2024 Olympic Stats
Rebounds 1.0
Assists: 0.7
Turnovers: 0.3
FG %: 16.7%
Steals: 0.00
Blocks: 0.00
Free Throw%: 0.00
3 PT%: 0.00

She’s no LeBron James…that’s for sure.

She’s no LeBron James…that’s for sure.
That will be the last women’s basketball I watch for quite a while unless NU gets good or Caitlyn Clark starts scoring 40 a game. That was a very ugly game. The lack of athleticism and explosiveness is very apparent in women’s basketball. Tons of missed layups, awful passes and bad shots. Shooting was good when they got open shots but that’s all that impressed me. Otherwise, I can find better basketball watching the local high school team.

Reactions: catfans5
That will be the last women’s basketball I watch for quite a while unless NU gets good or Caitlyn Clark starts scoring 40 a game. That was a very ugly game. The lack of athleticism and explosiveness is very apparent in women’s basketball. Tons of missed layups, awful passes and bad shots. Shooting was good when they got open shots but that’s all that impressed me. Otherwise, I can find better basketball watching the local high school team.
I agree it can be brutal! I only started watching Clark about 10 games ago and honestly it’s her passing that’s so much fun to watch. She really hasn’t been shooting that great, but she’s morphing into the Magic Johnson of woman’s basketball. If she manages to regain her shot, I can’t even imagine what her stats will look like.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
She was 3-12 from deep in that game. She was +9, (not bad, but not worth posting about) when her team-mate Nalyssa Smith was +22 in the same game. A lot of people could put up triple doubles when given free rein to chuck at will. I can't imagine a woman of color being 'anointed' or given so many advantages upon joining the league.

The advantages she is given are a function of marketing and popularity, and "we spent a high pick on her, so let's make sure she is a success or we'll have egg on face." And yes she is a good player - maybe really good. Let her prove it on her own merits if she wants to be a GOAT. 3-12 and +9 is not GOAT.

Either way, I'm not on board with giving her free marketing on an NU board.

Last edited:
A lot of people could put up triple doubles when given free rein to chuck at will.
Bwahahahaha!! Have you even watched her? She’s face-guarded by the opposite team’s best defender 30 feet from the basket on every possession. And still breaks WNBA records. Dude, really poor post.

Reactions: catfans5
She was 3-12 from deep in that game. She was +9, (not bad, but not worth posting about) when her team-mate Nalyssa Smith was +22 in the same game. A lot of people could put up triple doubles when given free rein to chuck at will. I can't imagine a woman of color being 'anointed' or given so many advantages upon joining the league.

The advantages she is given are a function of marketing and popularity, and "we spent a high pick on her, so let's make sure she is a success or we'll have egg on face." And yes she is a good player - maybe really good. Let her prove it on her own merits if she wants to be a GOAT. 3-12 and +9 is not GOAT.

Not the “she only gets pub because she is white” argument!

• Haha
Reactions: JimStarr777
Thanks - again, she's good. But I'm not interested in joining you on her unpaid PR team, particularly on a board which (last I checked) is about:

1) Northwestern, not I_wa
2) College basketball, not professional

Most of us know the reason she gets a pass on the chucking is because she's marketable (when most other players in the league would be pilloried.)

OK then, where is the Victor Wembanyama thread on this board?
Yeesh! Make one if you want one. But according to some people here he sucks because he didn’t win the Olympic gold or and NBA championship last season.

I really enjoyed that Olympics fourth quarter for the gold - men and women. France's female player was a half step away from immortality at the end. And Curry was amazing.

I was also fascinated that the media kept pointing out that this makes DT's sixth gold medal. I'd be thrilled for my team and seriously embarrassed if people wanted to pump up my medal count when I was barely involved in winning it. I have no problem with DT, it's just a weird media flex for someone with this year's performances.

I really enjoyed that Olympics fourth quarter for the gold - men and women. France's female player was a half step away from immortality at the end. And Curry was amazing.

I was also fascinated that the media kept pointing out that this makes DT's sixth gold medal. I'd be thrilled for my team and seriously embarrassed if people wanted to pump up my medal count when I was barely involved in winning it. I have no problem with DT, it's just a weird media flex for someone with this year's performances.
DT got the lifetime achievement award with this Gold. Wasn’t one of the best players in the country at this age.

DT got the lifetime achievement award with this Gold. Wasn’t one of the best players in the country at this age.
After watching the ridiculous treatment of Jason Tatum during the Men's Team Olympic run, it did make me realize that roster construction probably can't be just about taking the best 12 players. You only need 8-10 of them, so you should probably fill the remaining slots with players who provide some other intangibles. Whether Clark should have been one of those 8-10 is a different discussion, but it's entirely possible that Taurasi didn't exactly take her spot.

After watching the ridiculous treatment of Jason Tatum during the Men's Team Olympic run, it did make me realize that roster construction probably can't be just about taking the best 12 players. You only need 8-10 of them, so you should probably fill the remaining slots with players who provide some other intangibles. Whether Clark should have been one of those 8-10 is a different discussion, but it's entirely possible that Taurasi didn't exactly take her spot.

Exactly why Christian Laettner was selected back in the day. And exactly why CC and Angel Reese should have been selected in 2024.

Reactions: No Chores
NU’s own Christine Brennan will have a Caitlin Clark book out next year.

Probably fewer words in the book about Clark than on this board.

• Haha
Reactions: NU Houston
It looks like Clark was that third star player the Fever needed to really open things up on the floor. Her threes are so freaking deep it's crazy.

I look at the Sky and sometimes I'm reminded of my years of frustration as a Cats fan when we'd have one or two strong players but couldn't manage to get that third one and win just a couple more games in a season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT