ADVERTISEMENT

OT: cheap jersey and good quality (really)

phatcat

Nov 5, 2001
Wisconsin
I got a black jersey w #2 on eBay for 30 bucks. Now I have a white, a purple and black. Need to get a Gothic one

Reactions: NUCat320
I got my new on too. My game jersey for all games.

rmsmj9.jpg

I'm a bit ambivalent about my #28 jersey, which I picked after JJTBC's freshman campaign. Unfortunately, he switched to #21 for the remainder of his NU tenure.

Jango gave me his Pinstripe Bowl jersey. I am extremely proud to be part of the Cat's family. Great things are ahead.
I'm envious because you can get a number other than #51 :-0

I know why they are limited, but would prefer to just have them give the kids some licensing money.

Reactions: CatsDad

I know why they are limited, but would prefer to just have them give the kids some licensing money.
I wish they still had EA sports NCAA football. It would be fun to be the Wildcats

I wish they still had EA sports NCAA football. It would be fun to be the Wildcats

Isn't that the game that turned Kain Colter into a red-headed white guy? The #50 icon would be wearing dreadlocks and a deep Coppertone tan.

It has been fun watching the success of our basketball team, we are going to continue that success through the football season. 2017 is going to be a great year to be a Wildcat.

It has been fun watching the success of our basketball team, we are going to continue that success through the football season. 2017 is going to be a great year to be a Wildcat.

I agree. It is interesting to read the previews of NU opponents for 2017 and see NU listed as one of their difficult games. Win the West this year Cats!

I agree. It is interesting to read the previews of NU opponents for 2017 and see NU listed as one of their difficult games. Win the West this year Cats!
Need to payback Whisky for beating our basketball team in B1G tournament . I want to go to Lucas Oil Stadium this year. Hopefully we get the Bucks.

Reactions: NUCats

I don't know about Pinstripe Bowl jerseys, but you can order them with any number you want. Not just 51. The stores only have that number, but they'll order for you.

They can't get an authentic UA Northwestern jersey. They can only get a replica. I tried to order the team issue jersey like I use to at IMG Academy, but only replica is available .

Ok?

I'll rephrase then "Let's Tailgate will find pretty much anything publicly available to Cats fans, but CatsDad is special because he can get stuff not available to the public."

Ok?

I'll rephrase then "Let's Tailgate will find pretty much anything publicly available to Cats fans, but CatsDad is special because he can get stuff not available to the public."
If you notice I deleted that post before you responded. I took it down because their are a few people on here who like to be condescending or make something out of nothing. I was saying that some schools you can get actual team issue jerseys, Northwestern you can not. As usual you don't disappoint with your snide remarks GoCats

If you notice I deleted that post before you responded. I took it down because their are a few people on here who like to be condescending or make something out of nothing. I was saying that some schools you can get actual team issue jerseys, Northwestern you can not. As usual you don't disappoint with your snide remarks GoCats

How's it going pot? Kettle here.

How's it going pot? Kettle here.
I am looking forward to meeting you, Hopefully in person we can carry on a good natured discussion. I am not going to argue with you. I come on this board to support our team and to mingle with the fans. It has been a great year for Northwestern sports, and I think that will continue into thru the football season. This board is about sharing opinions and optimism with friends and fellow fans. . I appreciate your insight and opinion.

Last edited:
I am going to take a break from these boards. I appreciate the support and the comradery of all of you on this site. You are some great people and fans. It is hard to post on here because everyone knows my son and I. I have to constantly watch what I say so it isn't misunderstood. Lets face it, you can tell by my writing I don't have a Northwestern degree. I am sorry if I have offended anyone, it was never my intention. My opinions were never meant to be anything other than opinions. I look forward to seeing you all at games. GoCats, seriously come up and say Hello. I will buy you lunch at the Bluestone. I came on here to make friends with the people who love and support Northwestern . I appreciate all the prayers and well wishes for my surgery and recovery. I am not getting off because of any other reason than I appreciate all of you and I never want to offend or alienate any of you. It is going to be a great season and a special few years. Please if you see my bald head ,come up and introduce yourself. I love talking to you all.

Reactions: TerraCat
I am going to take a break from these boards. I appreciate the support and the comradery of all of you on this site. You are some great people and fans. It is hard to post on here because everyone knows my son and I. I have to constantly watch what I say so it isn't misunderstood. Lets face it, you can tell by my writing I don't have a Northwestern degree. I am sorry if I have offended anyone, it was never my intention. My opinions were never meant to be anything other than opinions. I look forward to seeing you all at games. GoCats, seriously come up and say Hello. I will buy you lunch at the Bluestone. I came on here to make friends with the people who love and support Northwestern . I appreciate all the prayers and well wishes for my surgery and recovery. I am not getting off because of any other reason than I appreciate all of you and I never want to offend or alienate any of you. It is going to be a great season and a special few years. Please if you see my bald head ,come up and introduce yourself. I love talking to you all.

Will miss your participation. It's been great having the perspective of a player's parent. Thanks for your insights and enthusiasm for the team, coaches and players.

I understood what you were saying and I have your back. You and I argue like cats and dogs elsewhere, but I like you immensely because you are one of the most decent, humble persons I know. The fact is one usually cannot get authentic game jerseys except through knowing someone in the athletic department, or in this case, having a son on the team. That makes those jerseys really special, particularly in this case because it's your son's jersey.

You shouldn't have to apologize here for being proud of your son. He's an outstanding kid. Don't let some dick acting like a dick because he's a dick discourage you from posting here, CatsDad. And by the way, you write well, better than several NU grads here.

Mr Jango- don't sweat it. We all get into little battles here and there when we express opinions that others don't see eye to eye with. No biggie. I totally understand if you need to distance yourself because your son is on the team, but you do provide a perspective that not many others can provide. If you leave I hope it is due to you feeling it is in your best interest rather than the need not to offend someone here.

There are plenty of players, relatives of players, former players that read/lurk or in some cases post. They generally keep the uniformed comments ( like mine are plenty of the time) in check. What I like best about your comments is your unbridled enthusiasm for NU. It really reinforces what many of us on the outside feel and want to believe.

I hope you remain active, but if not, I will catch up with you in the West lot for Bowling Green.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Ok?

Why do you feel the need to express this? What purpose does it serve? Are you envious of CatsDad because perhaps has the type of access you once enjoyed? What is the point of crapping on him, or anyone here when they are not speaking directly to you or anything you said? I just don't get the doucheyness of a comment like this.

Reactions: Fitz51
Why do you feel the need to express this? What purpose does it serve? Are you envious of CatsDad because perhaps has the type of access you once enjoyed? What is the point of crapping on him, or anyone here when they are not speaking directly to you or anything you said? I just don't get the doucheyness of a comment like this.

It was completely uncalled for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT