ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coaching Changes

Dang. Mark Richt “retires” from The U.

“thank u, next”

Miami should put on a full court press to hire Dino Babers. He’d be perfect for them and could possibly restore them to National Championship contenders by locking up South Florida recruits like Jimmy Johnson used to do.

Miami has hired their 2018 defensive coordinator , Manny Diaz, as head coach. However, because Diaz had already accepted the Temple job, Miami owes Temple a $4M buyout to promote their own DC. Temple lost its 2018 head coach, Geoff Collins, to Ga Tech a few weeks ago.

Sucks to be Temple.

Dana Holgorsen leaves West Virginia to become the head coach at the University of Houston. At first blush, it's a surprising decision in that it's a step down from a P5 school, but it also shows the difficulty in recruiting top talent to West Virginia.

Dana Holgorsen leaves West Virginia to become the head coach at the University of Houston.

Maybe one of our legal minds can help me understand: why is NU seemingly obligated to post a nationwide search for its OL line coach before naming Anderson as replacement while a public university able to select and announce its new head coach within 3-4 days?

If anything, it would seem to be the other way round -- that a private institution would have greater hiring latitude. How does that work?

Dana Holgorsen leaves West Virginia to become the head coach at the University of Houston.

Maybe one of our legal minds can help me understand: why is NU seemingly obligated to post a nationwide search for its OL line coach before naming Anderson as replacement while a public university able to select and announce its new head coach within 3-4 days?

If anything, it would seem to be the other way round -- that a private institution would have greater hiring latitude. How does that work?

Plenty of corporations have the same internal policies as a matter of best practices even if they aren't required by law. NU probably falls into that category. I doubt that at all hindered the decision making process in the Anderson hiring, all it did was delay the public announcement.

Plenty of corporations have the same internal policies as a matter of best practices even if they aren't required by law. NU probably falls into that category. I doubt that at all hindered the decision making process in the Anderson hiring, all it did was delay the public announcement.
Most corporation exclude C Suite jobs from posting requirements. When was the last time you saw a CEO position posted on Monster? I suspect head coaching jobs are similar to CEO jobs in that respect.

Most corporation exclude C Suite jobs from posting requirements. When was the last time you saw a CEO position posted on Monster? I suspect head coaching jobs are similar to CEO jobs in that respect.

NU OL position coach role is equivalent to a CEO? The poster I was responding to complained that the OL position coach role was posted by NU and took several week to fill.

NU OL position coach role is equivalent to a CEO? The poster I was responding to complained that the OL position coach role was posted by NU and took several week to fill.
I misunderstood. I thought the question was how Houston hired Holgerson without posting the HC job. My mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT