ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Illini lose Dudek again

How many times can you tear the same ACL before you have to hang up your cleats??

Wow, what a horrible circumstance for the young man. Even though he plays for the team down south, he's fun to watch and a great story

How many times can you tear the same ACL before you have to hang up your cleats??

I think it depends how much damage was done to the meniscus and articular cartilage. The ACL itself is a new bit of tissue each time, either from a cadaver or from the patient's hamstring tendon or patellar tendon. But I bet few competitive athletes have more than 2.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Awfully bad for Dudek just as things are moving in the right direction for their program. I do not expect him to return to anything close to his former self. Very unfortunate.

Awfully bad for Dudek just as things are moving in the right direction for their program. I do not expect him to return to anything close to his former self. Very unfortunate.

How do we know things are moving in the right direction for the Illini? They hired a bunch of new coaches with a LOT to prove.

I really feel for the kid. He is REALLY good as we all know, sometimes it's just bad luck. Look at Rose on the Bulls, think how bad he must feel. I always remember how I would feel when I got hurt and couldn't play, just watching the game from the bench tore me apart.

How do we know things are moving in the right direction for the Illini? They hired a bunch of new coaches with a LOT to prove.

You don't think that the University of Illinois has upgraded its AD and Head Football Coach positions? Really?

Really a shame for Dudek. A heck of a player. Wishing him well as he recovers.

It is an upgrade in perception and enthusiasm and optimism. Good for a few season tickets I bet. A positive attitude is a start.

Reactions: chitownUofI05
Awful for the kid. One of the best slots in the nation on two legs.

Local kid, and very well liked by all and for good reason.

The physical toll is bad enough, but the psychological toll of tearing the same ACL two years in a row...

Can't help but feel bad for him.

Because the old coach was Tim Beckman. Hiring my puppy as the Head Coach would be an upgrade. If he takes a crap on the floor, it would be a less embarrassing media days than "Our Success equals the knowledge, the K being the knowledge...."

Reactions: epicbret
Because the old coach was Tim Beckman. Hiring my puppy as the Head Coach would be an upgrade. If he takes a crap on the floor, it would be a less embarrassing media days than "Our Success equals the knowledge, the K being the knowledge...."

While I agree that Lovie's command of the English language is probably an upgrade in itself, I see a guy who is on the back end of his coaching career with a helluva lot of work to do and no college coaching experience since the mid-1990s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT