ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NL will use DH for EVER :(

Dodgers in 6

I'm torn between that and Dodgers in 7. I guess I'll stake out the claim to the latter. The Rays are a helluva team, but I'm not positive they can keep up with the Dodgers offensively. I think it may come down to whoever is able to scratch out a couple of runs here and there without a home run in clutch situations. I don't know if the bottom of the Rays lineup can produce runs again like they did against the Astros and their mediocre pitching staff.

I'm torn between that and Dodgers in 7. I guess I'll stake out the claim to the latter. The Rays are a helluva team, but I'm not positive they can keep up with the Dodgers offensively. I think it may come down to whoever is able to scratch out a couple of runs here and there without a home run in clutch situations. I don't know if the bottom of the Rays lineup can produce runs again like they did against the Astros and their mediocre pitching staff.

I'd like to see the Rays win it. It would be good for the game and fans to demonstrate that a small market team with limited financial resources who drafts well, develops players well and makes smart trades/free agent signings can win the World Series in this day and age.

Reactions: hoosboot
I'd like to see the Rays win it. It would be good for the game and fans to demonstrate that a small market team with limited financial resources who drafts well, develops players well and makes smart trades/free agent signings can win the World Series in this day and age.
The Dodgers Draft, develop and trade well too. Couple that with the resources you mention and they are tough to handle.

Yep, like I said Dodgers in six!

Sounds like a lot of Sox fans wish it didn't.

Hey it’s willy! How about those cubs! I can get your one of their 2020 World Series rings at a real sweet discount!

Have you got an answer to my Cubs v Sox wins 2021 bet?

Uhoh - that’s the sound of willy crawling back into his hole.

Will Schwaeber be a non tender for the Cubs? That would really cut into one of the more entertaining arguments around here.

Will Schwaeber be a non tender for the Cubs? That would really cut into one of the more entertaining arguments around here.
It is slow here, so I will help:

Eloy .296/.332/.559/.891 14 HR 41 RBI
Babe .188/.308/.393/.701 11 HR 24 RBI

Eloy Silver Slugger award. I know Kyle has a strong arm. Kyle seems like nice guy but these stats aren’t going to keep him in the Pirates line up.

I’ll save my Madrigal/Nico and Anderson/Baez review for later.

Eloy Silver Slugger award. I know Kyle has a strong arm. Kyle seems like nice guy but these stats aren’t going to keep him in the Pirates line up.

so does this mean Eloy is better than baby Ruth?

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver

This is a great thread. Exposes the board idiots. We should bring back the Mick McCall and Mitch Trubisky threads. Can you give us the Madrigal/Hoerner comparison?

Reactions: IGNORE2
This is a great thread. Exposes the board idiots. We should bring back the Mick McCall and Mitch Trubisky threads. Can you give us the Madrigal/Hoerner comparison?

Yes, please someone do post the career stats comparison so that the Board idiots can be identified.

Yes, Eloy has a great career ahead of him as a DH. No argument here.

Theo jumping off the sinking ship!

At least give Ricketts credit for replacing him with someone who isn’t a septuagenarian even though I heard Pat Gillick was available. Seriously Sox fans, as long as Reinsdorf is your owner, I don’t think you should be bragging about much.

At least give Ricketts credit for replacing him with someone who isn’t a septuagenarian even though I heard Pat Gillick was available. Seriously Sox fans, as long as Reinsdorf is your owner, I don’t think you should be bragging about much.
Yep, didn’t think I could be disappointed in hiring a HOF Manager with WS Titles, but I am. Have to agree with you on that one. Bad hire and hope to be proven wrong.

Not sure why the Reinsdorf hate. 7 World Championships seem to be the high water Mark in this City for any owner. He got the AL MVP because he paid more than others were willing to and did the same with Robert who should be the best player in this city in 2 years. He hired Hahn who has been great sans one horrendous deal. I guess I will give them the benefit of the doubt with TL and hope I’m wrong. The team has come a long way now that the biggest issue is in the dugout.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT