ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Recovering from Covid-19

I’m aware (or at least hopeful) that as least some of his stuff on here is for show. Sometimes hard to tell where to draw the line.
I will rephrase your comment just a little bit because I have known him for a very long time. Very often it is impossible to tell where to draw the line.

Reactions: Turk
I know what you’re saying, but at least two or three of us spoke to him while he was in the hospital i.e. we called the hospital not his cell phone. He had Covid and was hospitalized,And he was in what is considered to be probably the best hospital in my county for Covid treatment, Broward General Hospital, even though he lives in the next county. I spoke to him only very briefly because it was obvious that he was having some difficulty speaking, kind of sounded like a whisper.
Wow, broward is the best Florida. They are huge and have the best resources. Their success rate with covid patients starts with their unique treatment of the disease with their head pulmonologist, a frenchman. Who actually prescribes the ivemectum that the media is misleading about.
I love broward. Unfortunately, i live in palm beach county like you so our hospitals really imo suck. I originally went to jupiter but those goofs werent going to treat, my consult there was toss me on oxygen and hydrate.
Broward started immediately with iv antibotics. Great professionals, friendly staff. Very confident

Wow, broward is the best Florida. They are huge and have the best resources. Their success rate with covid patients starts with their unique treatment of the disease with their head pulmonologist, a frenchman. Who actually prescribes the ivemectum that the media is misleading about.
I love broward. Unfortunately, i live in palm beach county like you so our hospitals really imo suck. I originally went to jupiter but those goofs werent going to treat, my consult there was toss me on oxygen and hydrate.
Broward started immediately with iv antibotics. Great professionals, friendly staff. Very confident

The issue with ivermectin is people self-medicating with veterinarian-grade doses purchased from livestock stores. Completely different if/when prescribed by a doctor in a hospital setting, even though the efficacy as a COVID treatment is highly questionable.

I’m aware (or at least hopeful) that as least some of his stuff on here is for show. Sometimes hard to tell where to draw the line.
What i posted was not only useful but the largest study to date (75,000 subjects). Totally seperate from my opinion and irrefutable.
"August 27,
The new results are good news for patients who already successfully battled COVID-19, but show the challenge of relying exclusively on immunizations to move past the pandemic. People given both doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine were almost six-fold more likely to contract a delta infection and seven-fold more likely to have symptomatic disease than those who recovered."

Now, i dont think there is anything wrong with me getting a vaccine to enhance any protection. But i think its very important for those already vaccinated to read this bombshell report from the scientific community to show them that they need to be careful, take little risk and make sure you get your boosters because your chances are much much higher (13 times greater) of getting covid and having symptoms.

Scientifically, im in the best shape as i have immunity and i can get a vaccine possibly next year.

Reactions: mikero3
The issue with ivermectin is people self-medicating with veterinarian-grade doses purchased from livestock stores. Completely different if/when prescribed by a doctor in a hospital setting, even though the efficacy as a COVID treatment is highly questionable.
That may be true. But the amish been using it for years. I dont know much about it

I don’t know anything about that drug but know that a few years back Gladeskat took it for I’m not sure what you call it like a hookworm or a ringworm in his foot or toe and he got it when he was About to go to Evanston for a football game. I’m pretty sure he said to me that the drug was very effective for him, but of course that was a totally different ailment.

Reactions: Gladeskat
What i posted was not only useful but the largest study to date (75,000 subjects). Totally seperate from my opinion and irrefutable.
"August 27,
The new results are good news for patients who already successfully battled COVID-19, but show the challenge of relying exclusively on immunizations to move past the pandemic. People given both doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine were almost six-fold more likely to contract a delta infection and seven-fold more likely to have symptomatic disease than those who recovered."

Now, i dont think there is anything wrong with me getting a vaccine to enhance any protection. But i think its very important for those already vaccinated to read this bombshell report from the scientific community to show them that they need to be careful, take little risk and make sure you get your boosters because your chances are much much higher (13 times greater) of getting covid and having symptoms.

Scientifically, im in the best shape as i have immunity and i can get a vaccine possibly next year.

See, this is one of those situations where I don’t know if I am supposed to take you seriously or not. The Fortune link you posted clearly says that the study is a preprint that has yet to be peer-reviewed. That’s essentially the definition of “refutable.”

I don’t know anything about that drug but know that a few years back Gladeskat took it for I’m not sure what you call it like a hookworm or a ringworm in his foot or toe and he got it when he was About to go to Evanston for a football game. I’m pretty sure he said to me that the drug was very effective for him, but of course that was a totally different ailment.

…because that’s the on-label approved use for human consumption of the drug.

Reactions: Alan Smithee
…because that’s the on-label approved use for human consumption of the drug.
Gladeskat also recommended on here for me to take it for covid. I took it under doctors orders.
At any rate, ive exhausted this thread from my perspective. I have nothing more to say and have no interest in debating the latest science. Just figured id drop the article here, and people can choose to inform themself or not.
Either way, i dont feel its proper, in the name of progress, for any of us to be closed minded and stuck in one necessary camp.
Cheers!

Turk, as FeralFelidae Points out in this quote, I think you missed the take away of that study. We’ve always known that it’s highly unlikely a person will get Covid two times. So it’s not really news that people who are vaccinated have a higher risk of getting Covid once than compared to someone who already had Covid getting it a second time.

Certainly your takeaway from the study can’t be that your best way to protect yourself from covid is to….get covid.

Get the shot everyone.
Even if you already had covid.
No, I didn't miss the point of the study. You missed my point: If your strategy to protect yourself from the disease is to not get the vaccine and then get the disease, I think that's foolish. You get hit hardest by the disease that way because you have no protection.

Get the vaccine, and if you get a breakthrough infection, it won't be as bad.

Gladeskat also recommended on here for me to take it for covid. I took it under doctors orders.
At any rate, ive exhausted this thread from my perspective. I have nothing more to say and have no interest in debating the latest science. Just figured id drop the article here, and people can choose to inform themself or not.
Either way, i dont feel its proper, in the name of progress, for any of us to be closed minded and stuck in one necessary camp.
Cheers!

And I don’t necessarily have a problem with taking anything on doctor’s orders. Again, the issue is that people are buying animal-grade medication and self-dosing to the extent that the FDA felt the need to step in and make a public statement. That’s bad.

You cannot reason with people who refuse to take a free, easily available vaccine that has been highly recommended by a large number of scientific and medical professionals, but will still go to a veterinary supply store and self medicate with a horse dewormer.

And I don’t necessarily have a problem with taking anything on doctor’s orders. Again, the issue is that people are buying animal-grade medication and self-dosing to the extent that the FDA felt the need to step in and make a public statement. That’s bad.
Those people suffer from a malady known as stupidity. There is no vaccine for that.

I am not waiting for the booster. I am injecting bleach into my veins as a preventative measure.
Uh oh. I forgot that needles are also sharp objects.

Please, someone in the Hungry household hide all the sharp objects now that football season has begun.

Cheers!
It is good to know Gov. DeSantis is getting his COVID advice from a psychiatrist - kind of like getting medical advice from Turk.

Speaking of dropping an article - from yesterday's Miami Herald:

"A California psychiatrist who has advised Gov. Ron DeSantis on the coronavirus pandemic recently promoted a drug for COVID-19 patients that federal disease experts have strongly warned against after a spike in calls to poison control centers....The maker of the drug, Merck, has also said there is 'no scientific basis' to claim that ivermectin is effective against COVID-19."

There’s another malady, suffered by those who go out of their way to tout quack cures and denigrating real medicine and real science, in the hope of persuading others to do the same. It’s called evil.
That is the darkest response to one of my posts ever. It stopped my antidepressant in its tracks.

I agree.
Seperately, since I have you here, am i reasonable to be pumped about Hunter Johnson?
I honestly cant believe he did it and seperated himself from very strong competition. Our OC proved himself as a solid OC and Anderson is the best OL coach.
Im so excited im out of the hospital and im not back to work yet so all i can think about is this msu game and specifically so proud of hunter. Fitz barely announces a qb so early. Amazing!

I agree.
Seperately, since I have you here, am i reasonable to be pumped about Hunter Johnson?
I honestly cant believe he did it and seperated himself from very strong competition. Our OC proved himself as a solid OC and Anderson is the best OL coach.
Im so excited im out of the hospital and im not back to work yet so all i can think about is this msu game and specifically so proud of hunter. Fitz barely announces a qb so early. Amazing!

I’d been hearing good things about Hunter since the spring, seems to have sufficiently carried over into the fall for him to be named starter much earlier than expected. Hopefully he can stay consistent over the course of the season, kid has all the tools in the world.

So he had Covid, Was pretty sick for a while, and I am glad to hear that he is doing a lot better and was discharged. What I do not agree with and I will never agree with is all the bullshit arguments and rationalizations and nonsense science for not getting vaccinated in the first place. I don’t care what he says about other methods of preventing the disease. Get vaccinated! He is quite honestly the only person I know who was adamant about not getting vaccinated,

I still don’t think people should be “forced” to get vaccinated. If they want to walk the razor’s edge, that’s their problem.

You can but your credibility is vastly inferior to the top scientist that concluded very strongly using unfiltered data that natural immunity was comparatively favorable.
Science is evolving and never moreso than regarding covid. Even this new data may eventually be refuted.
I think your other non guarantee opinion may be close to the bullseye here. Consider my position. I have natural immunity however due to previous lung scarring in my life i ended up with a mild yet hospitalized status. Im not comfortable with that. Am i going to be mild again when im older?
I dont want to take that chance. So for me, i tend to agree with you that its reasonable for me to get a vaccine on top of my immunity. But not for several months.
The importance of the article was to inform the pfizer people that they arent out of the woods. They cant afford to be so arrogant in the light of new data.

Excuse me if I have some doubts about the credibility of your scientific resources and data. Its not just your COVID related nonsense (for which you unfortunately paid a price, and somehow aren't learning anything about how to handle being wrong and general humility and the opportunity to learn). It's the earth is flat and the fake moon landing and fake on the lake. Noticing a pattern of refusing to accept the facts as truth and a relentless resistance to reality and common sense.

I'm very glad that you've recovered. Go get vaccinated. Live long and prosper.

I still don’t think people should be “forced” to get vaccinated. If they want to walk the razor’s edge, that’s their problem.

Unfortunately, it's not like a motorcycle helmet law. Though one could also argue that failing to curb avoidable accidents (or illness in the case of COVID) will put strain and added costs to a public healthcare system. In the case of COVID, increased infections and critical cases is overburdening ICU's and a hospital system that is approaching capacity limits and thus reduced ability to treat patients, including non-COVID cases. Furthermore, we need broader vaccination to build herd immunity and slow virus proliferation, which is also needed to reduce the incidence of mutation. Just like wearing masks, it's not just about protecting the individual, but doing what's right to protect the public at large. Do it, not for yourself, but for the good of everyone.

Excuse me if I have some doubts about the credibility of your scientific resources and data. Its not just your COVID related nonsense (for which you unfortunately paid a price, and somehow aren't learning anything about how to handle being wrong and general humility and the opportunity to learn). It's the earth is flat and the fake moon landing and fake on the lake. Noticing a pattern of refusing to accept the facts as truth and a relentless resistance to reality and common sense.

I'm very glad that you've recovered. Go get vaccinated. Live long and prosper.
I think your doubts about the scientific article are the result of the shocking yet newest data. Its not just an article but its is the latest collection of data that is thus far the largest 75,000 sunjects collection of science.
And since it explitcitly shows vaccinated groups being 7x more likely than me to get covid, and 8x more risky than me to get symptoms, then isnt the point to avoid covid?
Embrace the new science, its fresh and subject to peer review. Your doubts are presently justified. But to bizarely say for me to go get a vaccine and I need to be more humble, i think in my immunity situation is more than a bit shortsighted on your part.
I think its both wise and reasonable for me to wait.
In the meantime, they wont take pfizer plasma but the doctors will take my plasma antibodies so i can contribute them and donate them to help even vaccinated peeps.
I think you are failing to recognize any value at all from those who got covid. Just my thoughts cuz i am thankful im out and you gotta be absolutely nuts if you dont think im considering a vaccine. Hell yea....but not yet. Not yet.

Reactions: Gladeskat
Seperately, i got educated on a pneumonia vaccine. I have scarring from years ago and i had no idea there actually was a pneumonia vaccine. Thats another consideration for me.

Reactions: ThirdCoast
The entire issue is that their choice impacts all of us. Those who can and refuse to get vaccinated (like Turk) are imposing massive costs on the rest of society in form of: (1) evolving newer and more vaccine-resistant variants, (2) costing tax-payers through insanely expensive hospital stays, and (3) filling ICUs to the brim so that people with non-COVID related health conditions cannot access care.

Is there data for that?

You’re not going to like the sourcing, but this CNN article quotes pretty extensively from a CDC study discussing how the Delta variant produced similar viral loads in both vaccinated and unvaccinated people (which was not the case with previous variants):

You’re not going to like the sourcing, but this CNN article quotes pretty extensively from a CDC study discussing how the Delta variant produced similar viral loads in both vaccinated and unvaccinated people (which was not the case with previous variants):

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t that mean it spreads just as easily with those that are vaxxed as with those that are unvaxxed?

Remember that none of the vaccines were 100% effective, in the 90s correct? so some 5 to 9 % of vaccinated people could get breaktrough covid. But 99.9% of current hospitalizations and deaths are un-vaccinated....the real issue is because of the large # of those that did not get vacinated we will probably never hit heard immunity.....had our chance....1st and goal at the 1 and we fumbled the ball,,

The entire issue is that their choice impacts all of us. Those who can and refuse to get vaccinated (like Turk) are imposing massive costs on the rest of society in form of: (1) evolving newer and more vaccine-resistant variants, (2) costing tax-payers through insanely expensive hospital stays, and (3) filling ICUs to the brim so that people with non-COVID related health conditions cannot access care.
And vaccinated people are not a cost? Im sorry but your thinking is too narrow if you are going to reasonably discuss and unpack the issues in a fair way.
This isnt smallpox. This is staying. Children dont necessarily need vaccines. The data is changing. Maybe the data gets worse. But one thing is sure, we are going to need bigger and better vaccines. You limit your thinking to unvaccinated people. This is much deeper than that.

Remember that none of the vaccines were 100% effective, in the 90s correct? so some 5 to 9 % of vaccinated people could get breaktrough covid. But 99.9% of current hospitalizations and deaths are un-vaccinated....the real issue is because of the large # of those that did not get vacinated we will probably never hit heard immunity.....had our chance....1st and goal at the 1 and we fumbled the ball,,
Much greater. Vaccinated people werent getting covid. Then vaccinated people started having breakthrus. No vaccinated people are moving into mild covid wards. What next?
95% of my mild covid floor was vaccinated. That was floor 3. Next month floor 4?
There is a reason why the nurses didnt want to be vaccinated. Something is wrong

This is a big problem i have with haters.
They are limiting progress and intentionally spreading covid with immigrant insurgents. A big part of floridas and texas covid problem is that President Biden brought insurgents by the thousands into the country to harvest covid by moving thousands of the infected insurgents to florida. Its likely that I got covid due to an illegal insurgent.

Brain damage is a rare but serious side effect of COVID and I'd suggest you get some scans done ASAP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT