ADVERTISEMENT

OT: SWAC sweeps Pac-12

CappyNU

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2004
Chicago
The SWAC and Pac 12 have an agreement for the Pac to play road games at SWAC schools while learning about the history of these HBCU institutions and theoretically getting an easy road win. Well, it didn't quite work out that way, as the SWAC went 3-0 this year.

The SWAC and Pac 12 have an agreement for the Pac to play road games at SWAC schools while learning about the history of these HBCU institutions and theoretically getting an easy road win. Well, it didn't quite work out that way, as the SWAC went 3-0 this year.
Good for them. Nice to see the SWAC getting home games and winning them.

Reactions: drewjin
Interesting, Colorado was beaten badly by Gambling then went down to Nashville and destroyed ranked Tennessee. Maybe takes a while to adjust to lower altitude.

Good for them. Nice to see the SWAC getting home games and winning them.
I’m a huge fan of and significant contributer to the JLWinston Foundation. The purpose of the Foundation is to provide mentoring, scholarships and emergency relief funds to students at HBCUs. I find this much more impactful and personally satisfying than giving to NU’s academic mission.

If you’re interested, the Foundation has an easy to use website for more information and an opportunity to contribute.

GOUNUII

I’m a huge fan of and significant contributer to the JLWinston Foundation. The purpose of the Foundation is to provide mentoring, scholarships and emergency relief funds to students at HBCUs. I find this much more impactful and personally satisfying than giving to NU’s academic mission.

If you’re interested, the Foundation has an easy to use website for more information and an opportunity to contribute.

GOUNUII
I've sponsored a (modest) grant for a nursing student here at Winston-Salem State University.

I've sponsored a (modest) grant for a nursing student here at Winston-Salem State University.
I've done something similar for elementary and middle school students in connection with United Way's Crush Poverty Program. Like GOUNUII, I feel that this is a much better use of my discretionary funds than donating to NU's academic mission. All my NU donations go to The Wildcat Fund, which benefits all of NU's athletic teams, both Women and Men.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT