ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Sandusky name back in the news

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Not sure if this is more appropriate for the Rant Board, but all the news outlets are tying this most recent arrest to the father son connection.

FWIW, not unusual for an abused to be an abuser but have no idea what the facts are here. At least that proved to be the case in a case that I handled which ended up creating new law here in Alaska.

Here is a link to the Sandusky reporting:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/...on-jeffrey-sexual-offenses-children.html?_r=0

And here is a link to a reporting on the Alaska Supreme Court's decision in the case I handled on behalf of the victim.

http://law.justia.com/cases/alaska/supreme-court/1991/s-3261-1.html

Here is an excerpt of a relevant footnote from the Alaska Supreme Court's opinion in the case that I took to the Alaska Supreme Court as referenced (and for which a link was provided) in my initial posting:

"[O]ne of the predisposing conditions [to child sexual abuse] that has been of considerable interest to clinicians and researchers is an experience of sexual abuse in childhood. Being sexually victimized as a child is a common experience for adult sex offenders and mothers of victims of sexual mistreatment. Moreover, childhood experiences of sexual abuse have been found at higher rates among those who victimize or are mothers of victims than in comparison groups."

This thread was started 3 minutes BEFORE the duplicate thread you initiated.......

P.S. The search function is your friend!
Well, maybe. That's what the system says, it seems.
Believe it or not, I DID check visually AND with the search function before starting my thread. Only reference to Sandusky I found was in a thread about whether rooting for PSU was OK.
But, fine, let's say for some strange reason, neither my eyes nor the search function noticed this thread. So be it. Mysteries of the Internet I suppose.

Well, maybe. That's what the system says, it seems.
Believe it or not, I DID check visually AND with the search function before starting my thread. Only reference to Sandusky I found was in a thread about whether rooting for PSU was OK.
But, fine, let's say for some strange reason, neither my eyes nor the search function noticed this thread. So be it. Mysteries of the Internet I suppose.

Loooooooooooollllll. Do you ever say the words "I was wrong"? You must be a big hit at parties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT