ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games - Week 6

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
This week's fun fact: The amount of copper on the Arizona capitol building roof is equivalent to nearly 5 million pennies.

Week 6 kicked off last night with two games: Coastal Carolina whupped Arkansas St, and Houston beat Tulane.

Tonight, Stanford goes to #22 ASU.

The marquis matchup on Saturday features #4 Penn St at #3 Iowa. Penn State is far more odious than Iowa, so go Hawkeyes!

#13 Arkansas at #17 Ole Miss could be a real shootout.

#2 Georgia goes to #18 Auburn

#6 OU goes to Austin to play #21 Hookem Horns

#9 Michigan goes to Nebraska. Good test for the Michigan defense.

Boise St visits #10 BYU. I think BSU is due to bounce back and give the Fighting LDS a good game.

TCU at Texas Tech should generate lots of points.

West Virginia at Baylor should be a good game.

This week's fun fact: The amount of copper on the Arizona capitol building roof is equivalent to nearly 5 million pennies.

Week 6 kicked off last night with two games: Coastal Carolina whupped Arkansas St, and Houston beat Tulane.

The marquis matchup on Saturday features #4 Penn St at #3 Iowa. Penn State is far more odious than Iowa, so go Hawkeyes!

Boise St visits #10 BYU. I think BSU is due to bounce back and give the Fighting LDS a good game.

Nebraska will beat Michigan, I think

I don't think so. I think Michigan might be legit for the first time in a long time and I don't think Nebraska really is. This is what concerns me about us going forward.
Agreed. If we somehow can make some changes, Michigan could be a respectable game. If we don’t, they’re going to kick the shit out of us.

MSU Rutgers worth noting. Team we play next vs a team that ran right through us, defensively. We get to find out is Walker is an average running back that we made look like Herschel Walker, and whether RU is that team that played well v Mich or the one that got panted by OSU

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Rutgers susceptible to the deep ball.
That's an understatement. One of their receivers has over 208 yards on three long touchdowns still halfway through the second quarter. Every one of them receiver was wide open

Penn State's offense is probably better than Iowa's; question is going to be whether Iowa's defense can get enough turnovers/stops to win the game.

Don't like Iowa's odds if they get down by 14+ at any point. They're not really built to catch up.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Kenneth Walker with a 94-yarder, 226 total. He had 266 v NU, though only a long of 75.
Beastly!

Nebraska looks like the best in west, followed by Iowa! Wisconsin doesn’t look good now against Illinois

Penn State's offense is probably better than Iowa's; question is going to be whether Iowa's defense can get enough turnovers/stops to win the game.

Don't like Iowa's odds if they get down by 14+ at any point. They're not really built to catch up.
From what I've seen so far Iowa has no chance, PSU is dominating them on both sides of the ball.

Beastly!

Nebraska looks like the best in west, followed by Iowa! Wisconsin doesn’t look good now against Illinois
You must be kidding.....Io*a is "the best" in the west. It pains me to type, but it's true.

Just surfed to the Auburn Georgia game just in time to see Eku Leota run down the qb for a huge sack.

Reactions: corbi296
Iowa is still the best in the West even if they look outclassed by Penn State so far.

Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan just get a different level of recruits than everyone else in this conference. Their ceilings are just higher.

Still a long ways to go in this Iowa game though, so we'll see.

Iowa is still the best in the West even if they look outclassed by Penn State so far.

Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan just get a different level of recruits than everyone else in this conference. Their ceilings are just higher.

Still a long ways to go in this Iowa game though, so we'll see.
For once, I have to agree with Finnbaum, the B1G sucks this year.

For once, I have to agree with Finnbaum, the B1G sucks this year.
I don't really think that's true, I just think that Alabama and Georgia are probably a fair bit better than everyone else though even they could potentially be caught.

Rest of the country just looks blah. Pac-12 and ACC honestly don't look all that different from the MAC.

Big 12 looks sort of blah even at the top.

Big Ten's best 3-4 teams probably look about as good as anybody not named Alabama/Georgia.

Ohio State has looked great recently, but that Oregon game was just a weird one. You look at the summary of that game and you're like how the heck does a team lose when its QB throws for near 500 yards and doubles the opposing QB. But they just didn't execute on Oregon's side of the field when it mattered and came away with a bunch of punts/turnover on downs, meanwhile Oregon got every TDs on its 5 drives that mattered and came away with a 35-28 win.

I think Ohio State could knock off Georgia or Alabama.

Last edited:
Illinois still sucks and also Graham Mertz sucks. We have a chance to keep the HAT, and we'd better not let Mertz beat us for WI

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I don't really think that's true, I just think that Alabama and Georgia are probably a fair bit better than everyone else though even they could potentially be caught.

Rest of the country just looks blah. Pac-12 and ACC honestly don't look all that different from the MAC.

Big 12 looks sort of blah even at the top.

Big Ten's best 3-4 teams probably look about as good as anybody not named Alabama/Georgia.

Ohio State has looked great recently, but that Oregon game was just a weird one. You look at the summary of that game and you're like how the heck does a team lose when its QB throws for near 500 yards and doubles the opposing QB. But they just didn't execute on Oregon's side of the field when it mattered and came away with a bunch of punts/turnover on downs, meanwhile Oregon got every TDs on its 5 drives that mattered and came away with a 35-28 win.

I think Ohio State could knock off Georgia or Alabama.
I am far from convinced that either Iowa or penn State are in the top 5 teams in the country. Wisky is down and OSU is meh on D. Have to out score good teams. Iowa is Iowa. Still think there are 4 teams in the SEC that would beat them. I hate the SEC, but Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky and Mississippi win a lot of games in the B1G this year.

I am far from convinced that either Iowa or penn State are in the top 5 teams in the country. Wisky is down and OSU is meh on D. Have to out score good teams. Iowa is Iowa. Still think there are 4 teams in the SEC that would beat them. I hate the SEC, but Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky and Mississippi win a lot of games in the B1G this year.
As much as I hate to say it, Penn State would be destroying Iowa if they hadn’t lost their QB.

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
Iowa was getting smoked until the PSU QB got hurt! Anything can happen in college football 🏈

As much as I hate to say it, Penn State would be destroying Iowa if they hadn’t lost their QB.
Penn State's backup QB is terrible. He missed lots of open receivers there towards the end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT